looking for new car!

paulz

Reaction score
hiya folk its time to sell my 2002 golf gti and get....

a

AUDI A3 2.0 TDi Sport DSG
just wondering a few things 1st

is the dsg worth having? is manual better? and what things should i check when looking at one.going on sun to see a red one.(this one)
cheers guys!

Hello Paulz and welcome.

You may get a better response from posting in the A3 8P section, where you will get loads of advice.

I have an A3 2.00 TDI DSG, personally you have to test drive the dsg, some people love it, some hate it. But it is basically an automatic with some paddles for going up and down the gears, i never use them. I would choose a manual every day, just the Mrs wanted an auto...

TDI line why do you thank everybody? This post wasnt even useful???

whats the difference form the 8P and 8L

paulz said:
whats the difference form the 8P and 8L

8L is the model designation for the first shape A3, the mark1 lets call it, 8P is the model designation for the current A3, the one you posted a pic of. :icon_thumright:

drive the dsg on as many roads and as for as long as possible, even if you have to visit a dealer that you have no intention in buying from. I have the DSG and like it, you can use the paddles to change down to give that little bit of engine braking but other than that I don't use them much. I get stuck in traffic so really do prefer the autobox.

that pic above i put in...seems very dodgy the bloke..
hes a trader but only has a mobile number and said he was moving premesis and he would meet me somewhere.
knocked it on the head as its in birmingham (im in cambridge)

but anyone that sees a nice a3 for sale let me know! i got about 12 grand to play with