Some ******

Onlyme

Reaction score
Some ****** has registered to this site using my email address and I recieved these emails
Dear -------,

We have now activated your account at the Audi-Sport.net. The forums can be found here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/index.php

Your login details are as follows:
Username: ----------
Password: as you entered it when you registered

Don't forget that your password is case sensitive.

To edit your profile, please visit this page:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/profile.php?do=editprofile

All the best,
Audi-Sport.net
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I got another email

Dear -----------,

You have received a new private message at Audi-Sport.net from Olly_K. Please click here to log in and read it:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/private.php

All the best,
Audi-Sport.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And then finally this one

Dear ----------,

Unfortunately your registration at Audi-Sport.net did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
Audi-Sport.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my concern is that whoever registered using my email address and a user name from another site that i use may have posted anything they liked, like paedophile stuff ( im not searching that for the right spelling )
I have emailed the site admin asking for the IP address and internet provider of the person that successfully registered on here so that I can report them to there provider, does anyone know if this is possible and would the IP actually do something about it.

Cheers for any advice

They usually operate a wee bit of security on most forums so that you can't register unless you have access to the email account i.e. a link sent to the account holder that you have to click on to get full access. I honestly thought that was the case on here but it's been soo long since I registered I couldn't remember.

It might be worth changing all your passwords for email, forums etc. Just to be on the safe side.

Thats what I thought so I cant see how the account got activated and also how someone got my email account unless its admin messing about as we havent seen eye to eye on here :box: But if whoever it is may have posted whatever thet wanted.

Because im wearing my special bainsyboy boxer shorts whilst looking at the special hidden photo thread that tdi dan posted in theTT forum.
Admin have been in contact I reckon it was when I kept getting banned and then registered with are we there yet as apparently the site has gone over to new servers and some users accounts got deleted and had to re apply im sure I reckon i got banned with that username, but after the server change got sent the reactivate account and then the system has flagged that user up as being banned and er banned me again :jester:

Reactions: TDI-line
just to say no one has been banned, he had registered another account which never got activated.....we purged a lot of accounts that we knew were spam. This fired off an email saying the account hasnt been approved.

Spam ? Spam It's all sorted now anyway cheers for the assistance Olly

I wouldn't have let him back on........... Then he wouldn't have this problem;)

A bad egg never changes its spots!

Just Plain Old said:
I wouldn't have let him back on........... Then he wouldn't have this problem;)

A bad egg never changes its spots!

The next time we are laying down the law on spelling and grammar, can we include mixed metaphors? :lmfao:

Reactions: TDI-line
this hijacked thread brings up a conversation Im having with the missis at the moment....

is it...

you get what you pay for
or
you pay for what you get

or both things mean the same thing?

jdp1962 said:
The next time we are laying down the law on spelling and grammar, can we include mixed metaphors? :lmfao:

Indeed, indeed............ I like to try and roll two insults into one!!

Only joking, onlyme.:icon_thumright: