Chris NottEM Tuning
    6th Gear

Status

Porsche to take majority stake in VW group

Porsche are to increase their 30.9% stake in VW group to 50.9% if it gains regulatory approval which is a virtual certainty, if everything goes as expected Porsche will take control of VW by the end of july this year.

Yesterday VW group added Scania trucks to its portfollio by buying a majority stake in Scania for 2.88 billion euros.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

2. # ADS
    ADS

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Interesting....................now given Lambo's have been having the VAG treatment since they were bought does that mean that the next 911 will end up having VAG switchgear too, or perhaps a Lambo chassis?! Could be some interesting times ahead in the luxory sports car market with 2 direct rivals under one roof.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles
    Interesting....................now given Lambo's have been having the VAG treatment since they were bought does that mean that the next 911 will end up having VAG switchgear too, or perhaps a Lambo chassis?! Could be some interesting times ahead in the luxory sports car market with 2 direct rivals under one roof.
    Its been happening for years as it is...
    The climate control unit in my 996 is the same as the pre-facelift A3s apparently.

Porsche have also been developing a DSG gearbox for the 911.

I believe much of the buying is to secure the tie in for the Cayenne/Touareg since Porsche use the VAG 3.2 V6 engine...and since Porsche will have the controlling share, will it mean that Porsche will be used to tidy up the handling of many of the VAG models?

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

6th Gear

Status
    I think there is a little bit more to this story than just technology and cost savings both companies are highly profitable in their own right and neither needs the other.Could it be that because Porsche was knocked back after bidding for VW last year there is a bit of vanity at stake?.

Porsche is for all intents and purposes a family owned firm the majority shareholder being Ferdinand Piech the grandson of Ferdinand Porsche and it has long been an ambition of the Porsche dynasty to get their hands on the VW group.But due to complicated German laws designed to stop foreign takeovers of german companies they have been frustrated until now.
    Last edited by motorbikez; 5th March 2008 at 09:27.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    I think it's an elaborate plot to buy VW just to put the Audi R8 out of production due to the fact they don't sell 911's anymore
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

Born to Fish

Status
    VW own a chunk of MAN Trucks ? Hells bells i might be working for Porsche before long.

2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    VW own a chunk of MAN Trucks ? Hells bells i might be working for Porsche before long.

You never know you might get an employee discount off a porsche