Woohoo, got a new job!!

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
After a couple of weeks looking about I have accepted an offer and big fat pay rise to go work for Virgin Media. Totally stoked and cant wait to get started, my bosses face this morning when I gave him my notice was a peach! He dosent have much of a personality anyway but the best I got was an "ok"!!!

4 weeks and im outta this place woo hoo!!! :rockwoot:

Watch out for my evil sister in HR at virgin, one step out of line and your toast buddy :)

Is that in Wythenshawe Manchester?

If so, I have an interview at a company on the same site on Thursday

No :(

I was at home suffering with a hang over, wish I never went out and went to the meet instead, usually up for the meets

Ill be at the Awesome GTI RR day on Saturday to make up for it, wont be in my car though, will be in my mates Leon. Come say hi if you going, want to put as many names to faces as poss!

Cheers all, so so looking forward to it! I've worked for a corporate finance division of Barclays bank for 4.5 years now, last 1.5 years as a management accountant. They've done me pretty well in that time paying for all my courses & exams but im now too qualified for my current job and feel they're holding me back now with no promotion opportunities. Virgin Media certainly will be a new challenge and there's sooooo much potential career wise there, im dead chuffed!! I'll be based in Hook, just outside Basingstoke, only 4 miles further than current work but i'll be using my car again instead of the train so all is well there. I'll certainly be earning enough to give the car little treats, cruise control will be arriving this week, with xenons, RNS-e & alu mirrors all on the wish list, maybe some 19's but we'll see how long till I need new tyres!!

Congratulations on the new job matey. A change is as good as a rest as they say and a few more pennies at the end of month certainly wont hurt!

J.

Nice one mate - I'm four weeks into my new job and can't believe how good it is next to my old place! A fresh start is a great feeling.

Hope it goes well. Prospects of advancement is always a good reason to move. :icon_thumright:

The very best of luck to you mate. I'm sure your on cloud 9 at the moment.

Hmm all this new job stuff is making me want to move on Tesco warehousing isnt exactly challenging,lol

Well done on the job matey, remember the little people,lol

jojo said:
Belated Congrats.
And from me too mate, well done! :thumbsup:

I'm currently in week four of my new job - it's a long way different from what I was doing before but it's all good - I'm on more money, better package (car and fuel card being a couple of the nice extras (although it's a focus until my passat arrives :beee:))... The difference in the day is massive though - in my last job I was permanently rushing around, trying to keep my eye on three or four projects at once. Today I worked from 11:00-12:00 :)

Hope you enjoy your move just as much bud, it sounds like you've made a good one...

Regards,

Rob.