Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Swaying towards IHI....

Status

Ebay help please!

In a bit of a pickle wondered if you could help?

Basically i sold a FMIC on ebay a while back posted it last friday by First class and alledgedly the buyer is saying it hasnt arrived?

But as its just first class ive got no proof if its there or not?

Do i have a leg to stand on?

Thanks
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    With the current state of the 'Royal Mail' there is every chance that it has not been delivered yet. (No delivery guarantee's anymore)

If it has vanished, you will have to wait a few weeks, and use your proof of postage to claim a 'Missing Item'.

It is a good idea to try and contact the recipients local sorting office, to see if its there, as the postman does not always leave a note if no-one is home to accept the item.

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    You sent a FMIC via royal mail and did not insure it? Did you even send it with a tracking number?

If you did not get a tracking number and did not insure it then your up **** creek with out a paddle...

Even first class recorded only insures it up to 34
    Black S3

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Should have paid the extra 70p or so to make it recorded Jas, I send most items I sell on fleabay recorded or by special delivery to protest myself, even if it means I lose another 70p, peace of mind and protesting one self etc.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    I never send anything just first class anymore, apart from birthday cards. Registered/signed for is the bare minimum.
    Worth pursuing though as they will payup, but it takes ages.
    I got £200 back from the RM on a parcel I sent, and then they also sent the lost parcel back to me - Result.
    You basically need to credit the buyer and then pursue it with the RM, unfortunately the onus is on the sender.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Unfortunatly even tho you have stated that your responsability ends once posted, paypal will award the buyer his money back eventually. Imagine how you would feel if you bought something and when it didnt turn up the seller told you tough !!
    Not what you wanted to hear i know, but thats how it is

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Hmmm interesting thoughts, I never realised Recorded was just 70P extra!

I paid 26.00 Already for it jsut to go first class i was expecting it to be alot more recorded!

I did state on the auction it was first class though so maybe there is a way round it!

Thing is im not convinced that they havn't received it, but obviously i cant prove that.

Thanks
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

1st Gear

Status
    Basically, as stated above, if they payed with 'paypal' and you have no postal 'tracking number' you are knackered, they can falsely claim that they never received the item and get a full refund too.

Status
    £26 ouch. I never use RM for heavy stuff
    Parcelforce is only £22 up to about 25Kgs and that's guaranteed 2 day delivery, signed for, tracked and insured up to £150
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    Interesting comments on here, generally speaking I tend to check what it's being posted as, and if it isn't recorded ask them to send it that way. It just covers me (and them) so I don't have to worry that it wont arrive.
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

Neutral

Status
    If I ever send anything on ebay that is not recorded I always ask for prof of postage - basically the post office will give you a recipt to prove that you sent the item with the address it is going to etc.

It's just so you can prove you have sent it if anything goes wrong.