EM TuningBadger5
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

My New Dog - Two Days to go

Last September, my wife and I had to have our 12-year old dog, Barney, put down. We were totally devastated, as he was a fantastic little fella, but he had contracted a nasty strain of diabetes which, combined with Cushings Disease, meant he was untreatable. So we took the decision for him, even though it ripped us to bits.

Well, after a lonely and aimless winter (what do people do when they haven't got a dog to take for a walk in the woods or along the beach?!), we have chosen our new dog. He's a maltese terrier/bichon frise cross, born on 29 December last year. His name is Ike, and we will be bringing him home on Thursday.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ike:

A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Ah bless thats a cute little puppy
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

5th Gear

Status
    Here's to many years of friendship from Ike

He looks a cheeky little monkey too, lol.

Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    The quiet before the storm hehe!

Enjoy matey, sure ya will!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

3rd Gear

Status
    you look just like the guy in your avatar

4th Gear

Status
    He's a gorgeous little thing - good luck with him. We've just bought a Japanese Akita pup, 8 weeks old and a handful already. Will get some pics up of Major soon. By the way anyone know wheres best place to get pet insurance from, so far im getting best quote from Tescos at 11.98 per month , policy literally covers everything - is that reasonable

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pav-g
    He's a gorgeous little thing - good luck with him. We've just bought a Japanese Akita pup, 8 weeks old and a handful already. Will get some pics up of Major soon. By the way anyone know wheres best place to get pet insurance from, so far im getting best quote from Tescos at 11.98 per month , policy literally covers everything - is that reasonable
    I've got a quote from Petplan for 10.38, but Ike is a small cross breed, so they might quote you more for an Akita. Worth a try if you haven't already looked.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by treblesykes
    you look just like the guy in your avatar
    That was during my National Service days.

Several people have said Ike and I have exactly the same expression in that pic.

In two minds

Status
    I want one
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    I've got a quote from Petplan for 10.38, but Ike is a small cross breed, so they might quote you more for an Akita. Worth a try if you haven't already looked.
    Petplan have quoted me nearly 25 per month which I think is pretty expensive, obviously the wife doesnt. But ive been given some useful advise from a forum member which im going to look into.