New BMW M5!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Probably should be posted in the 'Other Brands & Models' section....
Just wanted to say that I managed to get a passenger ride in a new shape BMW M5 with 500BHP! It was a customer of mine at my shop, and he got it as a courtesy car :wtf: and been driving around in it for a week!

All I can say is OMFG! the power, the sound and the constant flashing of ESP working overtime on the dash is awesome!! He was telling me it was hard to get 100% traction with the road not being bone dry, and that he thinks the car would be dangerous without the ESP, but he still gave it some stick! :respekt:

I went to the ring last October and went around for a passenger lap in the M5 (paid for by the misses) it was mint! No one passed us, it sounded awesome too :)

An M5 came past me on the M1 a few weeks ago,got to agree they sound amazing.

AudiLad said:
rather have an RS6 Avant,but the M5's nice

the new RS6 is a beast, but its just far too heavy at over 2 tonnes! Shame, that twin turbo v10 in something more like 1800KG's would be perfection!

that sounds good,but you'd look like a tosser driving round with that noise all the time,i like engine noise,quiet when driving sensible but when you want it to be heard its there:)

The E39 M5 was better when it first came on the scene. If I could get insured on one, I'd get rid of the R32 in a heartbeat.

It sounded good, but not anywhere near as loud as the youtube vid posted above.

golf said:
The E39 M5 was better when it first came on the scene. If I could get insured on one, I'd get rid of the R32 in a heartbeat.

The guy who took me out has an E39 version, but it was getting it's back bumper resprayed, and he managed to get a new M5 as a courtesy car lol. And if you have read the reviews, gearchanges in the new one - it's paddle shift - are really aggressive! He had the thing in 500bhp mode('M' button steering wheel) and the gearshift on maximum shift speed, and when he flick the next gear up at maximum revs, it feels so hardcore! :racer:

Still it was a heavy thing to drive, not as nimble as he'd like, but very fast and comfortable, and he was averaging 10mpg. :respekt:

i dont actually think that it sounds all that nice, too raspy and tinny.
I would have thought a 5.0 would have been deeper than that.

A4Quattro said:
i dont actually think that it sounds all that nice, too raspy and tinny.
I would have thought a 5.0 would have been deeper than that.

snap,some of the idiots who spend a fortune on corsa's and punto's etc get there little 1.2's sounding like that,so it goes to show its nothing to do with the engine,its all false

Listen to this and compare, I know what I prefer...
[ytv]hsUWfrcnoF8[/ytv]