Gantry Speed Cameras M25 J10 - J15

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just incase any members use this car park on a regular basis I've been told on very good authority that the gantry speed cameras have now been altered from 93mph to 80mph as of 15-02-08.

HTH

Mike

Yes I heard this last week, apparently they've all gone digital now so there's no limit to how many drivers they can zap, so the threshold has been drastically reduced.

?

Does that mean that they only snapped you if you were exceeding 93mph? I thought 70mph was the lim it, so around 79mph would have been the threshold? Even 80mph is 1 mph lenient then.

arthurfuxake said:
?

Does that mean that they only snapped you if you were exceeding 93mph? I thought 70mph was the lim it, so around 79mph would have been the threshold? Even 80mph is 1 mph lenient then.

as i understand it - yes, before they changed the limits on the cameras you "could" have driven along at 92 and they wouldn't have gone off.

Damn, all those hours I wasted travelling at 79:lmfao: .

I recon they should set them to 30mph, we might then get positive proof that you can exceed 30mph on the M25

well i think there was some test done on top gear or 5th gear that proved cameras didn't work if you were going over 160mph so that may be an option?

it'd be a very brave person to test it though

MikeA3 said:
well i think there was some test done on top gear or 5th gear that proved cameras didn't work if you were going over 160mph so that may be an option?

it'd be a very brave person to test it though

was that test done on The Fast & The Furious... or Rapido El Furioso when I first saw it on holiday! ;)

i don't think so - from memory they used a highly tuned rice rocket - i think it was an evo?

i think it was top gear wasnt it and they used a norris tuned evo, and its something like over 162mph and your fine............im not volunteering tsthough

No, they needed a TVR to crack the 160mph speed to stop the camera from flashing, and they used the Norris developement Evo7 to toe a caravan at silly speeds on Topgear.

The previous threshold was 93mph because the camera's were analogue, and anything lower was using too much film i.e. they were catching everyone, film runs out then they weren't catching anyone until new film could be loaded. I think they came to the conclusion that just catching the real **** takers was a better compromise. If only all speed camera's were so sensible.....Damn this digital world! DVD's that won't play at all, DAB radio completely cutting out and never ending film in speed camera's. Bring back VHS & good old celluloid!