AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: Fleeced!

Controversial & Contradictive

Status

Fleeced!

A guy that I work with has an A4 s-line on finance, and he has a maintenance contract with RBS for it. He got a puncture, called up RBS and they told him to take it into a Kwik-Fit to be fixed. Kwik-Fit tell him that the tyre is damaged, so they ring up RBS and get permission to fit a new tyre. 240 for a 235/40/18!!!!!!!!!

He only pays 30 a month for the maintenance contract, so once he has his 1st service, he'll have saved a fortune. RBS on the other hand..........
    Last edited by arthurfuxake; 21st February 2008 at 10:46.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Nice to hear someone getting a good deal for once !
    Audi A6 C4 2.6 SE
    Cat back stainless exhaust
    Induction Kit
    164K and still going strong !

thats me

Status
    kwick fit are bloody rob dogs, I remember trying them years ago and when I told them I could get two tyres for the price they were quoting for one they said they would match it.

I just told them they should have said that price in the 1st place so went somewhere else ...............
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    And the real bargain would of been if you'd had to take up their 25% discount on 4 tyres deal, £720 for 4 new rubber rings at each corner!! Amazes me people are still stupid enough to just go to them rather than trusting all the independants near them. I expect the corporate business keeps them going, I know my firms cars are sorted so if you need a tyre then you just go to a Kwik Fit, but then national tyre chains are all but a few, and they're all pretty crap IMO!!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Brum brum

Status
    TBH I'd be surprised if RBS actually pay much more than £100 for the tyre despite what it says on the invoice. There is a huge difference between the 'retail' price of the tyre, and the bulk discount that an organisation that is buying 1000's of tyres a month can negotiate.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

6th Gear

Status
    Full maintenance sucks, when it comes to tyres.
    We've jacked it in, it's too much grief.
    Firstly, they often tell you to deal with muppets such as National tyres or Kwikfit.
    Secondly, you get no say in which tyres are fitted, with them just sanctioning whichever one they get a deal on.
    So, you end up with ludicrous scenarios like my A4, where every wheel had a different tyre.
    They were all the same brand (Pirelli), but different types.
    I'd never do that.
    I'd have each axle with matching pairs, at least.
    I'm sure you've all sat behind cars where you can see different tread patterns on the back wheels.
    Instead of thinking 'muppet', maybe they're just on full maintenance...
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3