Fleeced!

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
A guy that I work with has an A4 s-line on finance, and he has a maintenance contract with RBS for it. He got a puncture, called up RBS and they told him to take it into a Kwik-Fit to be fixed. Kwik-Fit tell him that the tyre is damaged, so they ring up RBS and get permission to fit a new tyre. £240 for a 235/40/18!!!!!!!!!:faint:

He only pays £30 a month for the maintenance contract, so once he has his 1st service, he'll have saved a fortune. RBS on the other hand..........:blownose:

Nice to hear someone getting a good deal for once ! :icon_thumright:

kwick fit are ****** rob dogs, I remember trying them years ago and when I told them I could get two tyres for the price they were quoting for one they said they would match it.

I just told them they should have said that price in the 1st place so went somewhere else ...............

And the real bargain would of been if you'd had to take up their 25% discount on 4 tyres deal, £720 for 4 new rubber rings at each corner!! Amazes me people are still stupid enough to just go to them rather than trusting all the independants near them. I expect the corporate business keeps them going, I know my firms cars are sorted so if you need a tyre then you just go to a Kwik Fit, but then national tyre chains are all but a few, and they're all pretty crap IMO!!!

TBH I'd be surprised if RBS actually pay much more than £100 for the tyre despite what it says on the invoice. There is a huge difference between the 'retail' price of the tyre, and the bulk discount that an organisation that is buying 1000's of tyres a month can negotiate.

Full maintenance sucks, when it comes to tyres.
We've jacked it in, it's too much grief.
Firstly, they often tell you to deal with muppets such as National tyres or Kwikfit.
Secondly, you get no say in which tyres are fitted, with them just sanctioning whichever one they get a deal on.
So, you end up with ludicrous scenarios like my A4, where every wheel had a different tyre.
They were all the same brand (Pirelli), but different types.
I'd never do that.
I'd have each axle with matching pairs, at least.
I'm sure you've all sat behind cars where you can see different tread patterns on the back wheels.
Instead of thinking 'muppet', maybe they're just on full maintenance...