Ford Focus 2007

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I'm looking at getting a focus for my wife, has anybody on here got any experience of them?

I'm looking at an 07 plate 1.6 zetec climate 5dr.

My wife has a 06 fiesta 1.4tdci which is an excellent car she's getting around 60 mpg out of it and has just got her road tax renewal wait for it
£35 for the year 119G/KM for co2 emmisions.Previous to this she had an 03 zetec fiesta tdci which she wrote off,again excellent on fuel and good reliability.
If you are determined to go for focus which is a good car go for the tdci as 1.6 is very under powered.Wife had one as courtesy car engine was pretty dead.

Yeah, I'm not worried about the power, she does a 3 mile round trip and the occasional trip down the road to the shoe shop, so if she does 5000 miles a year it's a lot. She has a 1.25 zetec fiesta at the moment, but we're expecting our 1st child, so a car with 5 doors and a bit of boot space is needed. She doesn't do enough mileage to justify the premium of a diesel.

Have you had a look at a Honda Jazz? The most complete car any family with 1 kid ever needs, that's if you can accept japanese engineering.

We have lots of the new focus's here as company cars, i've only driven the 1.6 and 2.0 diesels(both excellent) so cant comment on the petrol engine, but the cars in general are very comfortable and smooth driving. Very well made and feel generally solid; The doors are a bit light but that's just a personal dislike.

I would avoid basic 'lx' trim level and possibly try for a titanium or ghia trim as these are far nicer inside than the base models.

Hope that helps a bit

Ive had both a 1.8TD Ghia Estate and a 1.8TDCi Zetec hatch and you cant beat them for the price. My fuel costs per week with the hatch were £10 for an average 80-90 miles per week of short journeys.
Both cars I had from new, in the 3 years I had the Ghia - nothing failed. In the 4 years I had the hatch - just a new battery required.

Very good cars in my opinion :thumbsup:

Well my uncle has a new Focus TDCi 130 , pants!
He really regrets getting it but it was his only choice (HAD to have Ford - company rules) as the new Mondeo wasn't yet out. So far one interior door handle fallen off, one door mirror fallen off and one starter motor seized. That and poor fuel consumption compared to his old Mondeo (same 2.0 TDCi 130).

Sounds like a friday afternoon car, because i can assure you out of around 20 of them in my place, mixture of 110's and 138's, not one has ever needed anything other than tyres - most of them doing around 30k a year.

Bad fuel consumption surprises me too, our 2 litres will regularly return near 50mpg on motorway

Well his definately isn't any good. I'll be seeing him Sunday so I'll get an update. Just for the info his is a Ghia X, so not exactly a cheapy!