Dribble Dribble!!!!!

Audi-Andy

Audi-Andy
Reaction score
Website
www.southernvag.tk
Now this morning is was very cold @ work this morning & then all of a sudden the best thing since sliced bread drove in2 the car park & my god when u hear 1 up close its just a sexual grumble that makes u wana go 4 a drive in 1! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

U wana c?????????????

Here we go!!!!!

( Peeps get ur Tissues @ the ready! )

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

& he only came in 4 tyre pressures :D :D :D

Must remember to get a new box of tissues tomorrow. Sex wee everywhere!

I've seen plenty around here...and still can't get over how ****** ugly they are.
Not pretty, in any way.
Purposeful? yes.
Imposing? yes.
Impressive? Yes.
But sadly, to me, disjointed and ugly.
And the pictures of the V12 TDI looks even worse with it additional scoops, slats bells and whistles.

Ess_Three said:
I've seen plenty around here...and still can't get over how ****** ugly they are.
Not pretty, in any way.
Purposeful? yes.
Imposing? yes.
Impressive? Yes.
But sadly, to me, disjointed and ugly.
And the pictures of the V12 TDI looks even worse with it additional scoops, slats bells and whistles.

While I agree that it's just an awesome iconic car, the porsche has never been pretty either though. I'd still give my left one to own one.

Theres a few of these round here too... which is suprising considering how much they cost and what else you could get. I can see why some people are in to them though.

arthurfuxake said:
While I agree that it's just an awesome iconic car, the porsche has never been pretty either though. I'd still give my left one to own one.

..So spend your money on a capable, pretty car.. a Ferrari. :idea: :laugh:

I also think the R8 could have looked better and would have but then it would have looked even more like a TT

as for the porsche I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder as I think they are stunning cars

Sam-K said:

Lol and pay about 25k more only to have a pretty car that breaks down every month

rodenal said:
Lol and pay about 25k more only to have a pretty car that breaks down every month

£25k, only if you are getting one second hand!

old saying on ferraris...only buy one if you can afford two!

Sam-K said:

There speaks a wealth of experience...

Perhaps the owner wants their car to start every morning?
Be usable in the wet?
Perhaps they don't want to take out a second mortgage to have routine maintenance carried out?

Sam-K said:
In my opinion it's worth it.

Maybe one day, if you ever get to be in the position, you'll realise that buying a Ferrari is the cheap part...
Keeping the damn thing running is where you get your trousers taken down.

I can run my 911 for the same cost as my old S3...now, it's not that I can't afford to buy a Ferrari...but I'd grudge the running costs...I'd rather have a Porsche or R8, as it will need less maintaining, break down less and be more suitable fo everyday use in a Counrty where it rains. A lot.

And on the open roads such as they are in this Country nowadays...are the Ferraris any faster A to B?
Nope...just more expensive.

Did you see Ferraris sales were up this year..?

As were all Supercars...

And Range Rovers...
Porsches...
Maseratis...
Powerful saloons - M3, M5, RS4 etc...

In fact, all Prestige marques...not just posh Fiats.

I will have a Ferrari anyday of the week....

Running costs... yes, but I assume who can buy a new Ferrari should not have that kind iof worry anyway.... it is a nice toy!

The new ones you can use it everyday no problems like the old Italian supercars... but I agree a Porsche is more userfriendly, cheaper to run and... dull.

Fantastic machines either of them.

Pedro

Having been behind the wheel of a Ferrari 360M for 30 minutes or so, I can honestly say it's a fine machine. But you soon realise it's a rich man's toy, watching the fuel meter go down with every stab of the throttle and lighting the tyres up on part throttle in 2nd gear, the owner also told me it cost him £4k for the first oil change!
I'm happy that I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to drive such a car, but know I just wouldn't purchase one, unless I hit big on the Lotto.

newbiecrg said:
I will have a Ferrari anyday of the week....

Running costs... yes, but I assume who can buy a new Ferrari should not have that kind iof worry anyway.... it is a nice toy!

That's assuming you are in the position to buy a new one.
Sadly, the running costs remain even when it's a few years old and the purchase price is down to a less stratospheric level.

A new R8 or high spec 911 only buys you a 3 year old Ferrari.

The new ones you can use it everyday no problems like the old Italian supercars...

I know a few people who would suggest otherwise...

but I agree a Porsche is more userfriendly, cheaper to run and... dull.
Fantastic machines either of them.

Dull to look at and restrained are very closely related :moa:

I don't think anyone who has driven a recent 911 and a recent Ferrari would suggest that one was any less dull than the other to drive...
Certain motoring magazines go so far as suggesting a 'dull' 911 is a better drivers car than a F430. And you can buy an S3 for an everyday car and service the two for years with the change...

You pays your money and takes your choice...

I'm not surprised Ess Three pounced on this one.. Tell me: Do you do a search daily for the word Ferrari, just so you can come and preach about your Beetl.. oh sorry. Porsche..?

The Ferrari to me is just such a desirable car compared to anything else. And i really don't care about your opinion, or anyone elses.. when i get to choose. It's what i'd buy.

But thanks for the advice old chap! how's work tonight?

Sam-K said:
I'm not surprised Ess Three pounced on this one.. Tell me: Do you do a search daily for the word Ferrari, just so you can come and preach about your Beetl.. oh sorry. Porsche..?

No, I just look for posts by uninformed, blinkered fools like you, who can't see past red shiny things, and can't accept the obvious shortfalls of their rose tinted world.

Also, I see no preaching. Just pointing out facts...
Ferraris are in a different league maintenance wise, to the German stuff.
That's a fact. Not an opinion.

The Ferrari to me is just such a desirable car compared to anything else. And i really don't care about your opinion, or anyone elses.. when i get to choose. It's what i'd buy.

Well...when you are in the position, come back and tell us about it...because until then, your preaching about how great everything Ferrari is, is frankly boring.

I have friends who've bought them...and got fed up of the costs associated with such a bricht red ****-waving device.

I also think they are stunning to look at...and a fine piece of engineering...but can't fathom out how they cost SO much more than something that's built in Germany or the UK (Not a pro Porsche comment...there are the AMG Mercs, M series BMWs, Porsches...even Aston Martins are cheaper to own)

But thanks for the advice old chap! how's work tonight?

Fine thanks...just adding to the pot that'll be buying me my next squashed Beetle....
Or maybe it'll be a R8...
Or maybe a Vantage...
Or maybe a GTR...
Or maybe a CLK Black Series.

Who knows...but it won't be a Ferrari because I couldn't justify such an expensive ornament. It needs to be usable.

We are talking subjective things here...

Although I know that a 911 is a fantastic drivers cars and a car you could use everyday with probably "normal" running costs I think it is dull to look at, that's all... OK some might argue it has an iconic heritage, etc, etc but for me it is just to dull.... supercarwise.

Ferrari are expensive to run? so what? if one can't afford them don't buy them!! No need to slag them off...

Porsche is a fantastic company with great cars but for me a supercar has to tick some boxes that Porsche simply does not tick, at least for me... starts on the looks.... ends on the exclusivity.

Before even considering a Porsche I would look into a Lambo or a Ferrari or a Aston Martin.... these 3 brands might be less reliable, exciting if you think that but they are great.... there are others.... Porsche like all german manufacturers are getting a bit too clinical for me.... even though I drive an Audi I am fully aware of that...

But each one to its own.... will let you know when I order my brand new Ferrari... won't be soon though... lololol

Pedro

Ess Three , I know more people with Ferrari's than with porsches, *granted some of them are classed as super-rich , as they work for some of the top investment banking companys of the world* but they certainly have no issues with them, even the vintage ferraris get a good run about without complaint!

Then, the peopple with porsches.. well for starters. If porsche will continue to make the boxter, that just lowers any greatness i could conjure up, i mean i can't walk down the road without seeing some fanboy/hairdresser/chick driving one of them. then there is the cayenne. if i ever had to drive one of them. i think i'd just walk.
ANYWAY. i know they're crappy porsches anyway, but even the good ones just dont make my nuts tingle when i see them.. you can go on about them all day long.. but i dont even look twice when i see them. a supercar to me. it something that makes me go wow. porsches lack that. . well. if i saw a carrera gt i may do a double take.. but they're pretty rare.

And. PLEASE get the GTR, I think i'm in love with them. sure they don't have my Scuderia tinted specs looking on them, but i think they're awesome :)

Awesome looking car

I live on the test route from the local Audi garage so see plenty of R8's about

Its so nice to see a supercar with an Audi badge on it:cool:

Sam-K said:
Ess Three , I know more people with Ferrari's than with porsches, *granted some of them are classed as super-rich , as they work for some of the top investment banking companys of the world* but they certainly have no issues with them, even the vintage ferraris get a good run about without complaint!

Sadly the people I know that run tham are enthusiasts who want them to drive rather than super rich owners who want them for status, as many do.

I looked hard at convincing myself someone who works a normal job could afford one...but sadly, it's just not the case.
Anything German...yes. but a Lambo or Ferrari? No...

Then, the peopple with porsches.. well for starters. If porsche will continue to make the boxter, that just lowers any greatness i could conjure up, i mean i can't walk down the road without seeing some fanboy/hairdresser/chick driving one of them.

See...that's a very blinkered statement.
Thre Boxster is a great drivers car, regardless of cost...or how many are made.
If you'd driven one, you'd know.

then there is the cayenne. if i ever had to drive one of them. i think i'd just walk.

I thought the same...
But the OPC keeps giving me them to try...and sadsly, if I'm honest, they are amazing.
I'm not remotely interested in the Cayenne...and think it's pot ugly.
But they go, and handle like no form of 2 1/2 ton of metal should.
I admire the car...but wouldn't want one.

ANYWAY. i know they're crappy porsches anyway, but even the good ones just dont make my nuts tingle when i see them..

That's because you've not driven them...
It's not all about image you know.
If my car was made by Hyundai and drove like it does, I'd still have bought one.
When I'm driving it, I don't care how it looks...I bought an Integra Type R years ago...illustrates my point exactly.

you can go on about them all day long.. but i dont even look twice when i see them. a supercar to me. it something that makes me go wow. porsches lack that. . well. if i saw a carrera gt i may do a double take.. but they're pretty rare.

I agree...probably because the CGT is a Supercar, whereas all other Porsches are Sportscars. Not Supercars.
With the exception of the GT2s perhaps...

And. PLEASE get the GTR, I think i'm in love with them. sure they don't have my Scuderia tinted specs looking on them, but i think they're awesome :)

I will look for one to try.
I'm on the list...

But, as always, it will depend on how it drives.
I can live with the badge and the interior if it drives as well as it is rumoured to...as long as it's not too Playstation like!

I still find it hard to fathom a new Ferrari being 'better' than a R8/911 turbo AND a GTR for everyday use! :cool:

In terms of looks I didn't like the R8's styling at first but it eventually grew on me over time. I know it's weird but I prefer the R8 all in matt black including matt black sideblades exactly as shown in the test mule (obviously without those white spots).

http://www.caradvice.com.au/8152/audi-rs8-v10-spy-photos/

[URL="http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7895/008ox4.jpg"][URL="http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7895/008ox4.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

[URL="http://images.worldcarfans.com/articles/2007/10/15/9071015.004/9071015.004.Mini4L.jpg"][/URL]

[URL="http://www.autospider.net/images/Audi/Audi%20R8.jpg"][/URL]

i have an answer for everything here, but i just cannot be bothered.

All i'll say is:

Good luck with the GTR, and a believe a drivers car that betters the boxter is an S2000. OH and i think the Integra is an alright looking car, and the performance makes it even more appealing. but yes sure, it's no alfa in the aesthetics department really!

Sam-K said:

All i'll say is:

Good luck with the GTR, and a believe a drivers car that betters the boxter is an S2000. OH and i think the Integra is an alright looking car, and the performance makes it even more appealing. but yes sure, it's no alfa in the aesthetics department really!

LOL, I would have thought typing 'Ferrari - no contest' would have been easier! :icon_thumright:

Road Razor said:
In terms of looks I didn't like the R8's styling at first but it eventually grew on me over time. I know it's weird but I prefer the R8 all in matt black including matt black sideblades exactly as shown in the test mule (obviously without those white spots).

I know what you mean...
I think personally, the R8 works best in black, with black blades.

I think the carbon blade3s are flash for flash's sake.

I'm not normally a fan of black cars...but there are so many scoops, slats, inlets and styling touches on the R8, I think black hides them and makes it a far more attractive car.

Sam-K said:

Maybe it's an argument, rather than a valid point? :moa:

and a believe a drivers car that betters the boxter is an S2000.

Having driven both...I simply can't agree.
...and I wanted an S2000, but the Boxster was better...just too expensive!

OH and i think the Integra is an alright looking car, and the performance makes it even more appealing. but yes sure, it's no alfa in the aesthetics department really!

It's pretty from the side or back...but ugly from the front, in my view.
The JDM car is much prettier.

I think the R8 is fantastic looking. If I want something "pretty" then it'll be sat next to me/on top of me not parked in the drive. Pretty cars are girls cars. It's a machine and should look purposeful, intimidating, imposing and certainly not pretty. The R8 ticks all the boxes especially in black. You don't think ahh what a beautiful car, you think "****, what is that?"
I haven't driven any of the cars discussed here and doubt I ever will, but if I had to choose on looks alone then the R8 would definately be on the list and certainly seems to be one supercar that even an incompetant like me could have a lot of fun in without ending up in a ditch.
No idea why people keep banging on about "great drivers cars" when most of us aren't great drivers (no matter what we think).

AndyMac said:
I think the R8 is fantastic looking. If I want something "pretty" then it'll be sat next to me/on top of me not parked in the drive. Pretty cars are girls cars. It's a machine and should look purposeful, intimidating, imposing and certainly not pretty. The R8 ticks all the boxes especially in black. You don't think ahh what a beautiful car, you think "****, what is that?"

Got to agree Andy...when one comes up behind you (especially in black) you move over pretty quickly...
It's a very aggressive car, no doubt...and beautifully put together.

I haven't driven any of the cars discussed here and doubt I ever will, but if I had to choose on looks alone then the R8 would definately be on the list and certainly seems to be one supercar that even an incompetant like me could have a lot of fun in without ending up in a ditch.
No idea why people keep banging on about "great drivers cars" when most of us aren't great drivers (no matter what we think).

To me, a 'great drivers car' is one you don't get bored of for a long time, one you don't find the limits of for a long time, and one that takes time to learn...as well as being great to drive.

Well I must be driving in the wrong roads....

I really like to drive and having many years of go karting (the simplest and one of the most rewarding forms of driving) I can reaslly appreciatte a "drivers car".

In then end, if you ask me when it comes to Porsche/Ferrari there is anything wrong with either of them. I am sure each has its distinctive driving sensation but they are both outstanding drivers cars...

Trying to say one is best then the other is utter silly it is like saying a brunette is better than a blonde. There will never be a real winner.

For me, Ferraris or Lambo (supercar Audi) anyday... Others will say it's because I have never driven a Porsche (which I have, several times, a mate of mine as a Carrera S and I drive it sometimes, great car, sure) but in the end it is a Ferrari or Lambo that ticks my boxes.

Having said all this I question does the difference in some of these cars is really relevant for road use? The eternal M3/AMG battle... In a close race track we know accurately which one is better but on normal road use does it make a huge difference driving an AMG or an M? It might if you do lots of mountain passes or country roads (which is dangerous for others) but if you only have your thrills on a motorway... forget it.... any car with big engine will do...

Pedro

P.S.: R8 is a fantastic looking car, it is not discrete and it wasn't meant to be... I like it.

I actually think having big power can make things a little boring, i'd rather chuck around something like a type R or (If only the idiot youth hadn't discovered them, oh and if they werent made of carboard) a saxo vts even.

But that's another discussion for another day lol

Never driven the new panda's would like a shot tho.

My current favourite small car is the swift sport, great fun to drive better than a mini cooper imo, lots n lots of adjustability on the throttle without the 'im about to snap off and kill you' kinda vibe as with the likes of an old 205 etc

On the R8 note, an all silver one just passed me on the m8 followed by an elise, followed by an E36 M3. It's quite a scary sight seeing it fly up in your mirror, wasn't sure before i seen one but i love em now.

They all flew past me and i was already well on the wrong side of the speed limit.

rodenal said:
My current favourite small car is the swift sport, great fun to drive better than a mini cooper imo, lots n lots of adjustability on the throttle without the 'im about to snap off and kill you' kinda vibe as with the likes of an old 205 etc

Yup, fantastic car, my friend has one and let me loose in it, very entertaining car for the money. :racer:

I really like the look of the R8, not a fan of the looks of V12 diesel one that was on show.

Far to many add on's.

Nice list of potential cars there Glen, you driven any of them yet?

I feel all left out as i've yet to actually see one in the flesh, not even at a couple of dealers i poked my nose into last year on purpose just to see one!! From the pictures & vids i've seen though I love the looks of it, nice & aggresive without the need for big bolt on wings!

I'd buy one if I had the wonger!!