Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383

    Is it time to let go

    Not for the first time have I been out for a quick thrash in my car,only to find when I get back im pi--ed off, forever watching out for cameras/plod/numpties who park anywhere,dont indicate,doing 20mph in a 40mph limit then just turn left with no warning.
    I was sat at lights by a petrol station and saw an elderly woman in her 15 year old jap car,she had a job to turn it around and next to her in the front seat was a dog that looked like it was straight out of "Gremlins" she then proceeded off up the road at about 10mph,hope I never come across her doing 10mph while Im getting a move on.
    Im no spring chicken so perhaps its time to get rid of the S3 and just potter around in my astra est and do the same as the numpties (if you cant beat them join them)

    Pi--ed off S3 owner

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    You cant do that to your S3! Punish it because of a few little grannies in their novas doin 10mph...

  4. #3
    klauster's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,140
    do what i did.... get rid of the S3 and go for a sensible, slower and quieter car...

  5. #4
    golf's Avatar
    ***** rent boy

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,553
    Do what I did, get rid of the S3 and get an R32, the exhaust note seems to scare small children and grannies.

  6. #5
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    do what i did.... get rid of the S3 and go for a sensible, slower and quieter car...
    I think you should have stopped at 'sensible' lol

  7. #6
    klauster's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz
    I think you should have stopped at 'sensible' lol
    hehe...

    on a more serious note, try doing what i do when you fancy a good drive, pick a time of day when these idiots arent on the road, i tend to wait until 10pm then take my RS4 for a spin... roads are quieter, normally less plod and easier to see other drivers I think

  8. #7
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    do what i did.... get rid of the S3 and go for a sensible, slower and quieter car...
    Thinking bout one of these




    sensible enough crawl around in it

  9. #8
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Oh yes... I used to see one every now and then. Loudest thing I've ever heard! Was in like a deep pearl blue colour with the 2 white stripes. Looked gorgeous! Did I mention it was loud?!

    I think your S3 would forgive you if you changed it for a Cobra... Stunning cars. Always liked em

  10. #9
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz
    Oh yes... I used to see one every now and then. Loudest thing I've ever heard! Was in like a deep pearl blue colour with the 2 white stripes. Looked gorgeous! Did I mention it was loud?!

    I think your S3 would forgive you if you changed it for a Cobra... Stunning cars. Always liked em
    The S3 is only a weekend/fun car could do the same with a cobra (make sure I get a hardtop for it)

  11. #10
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic
    The S3 is only a weekend/fun car could do the same with a cobra (make sure I get a hardtop for it)
    I'd find myself in the Cobra more often than not. Is there one in particular that you're looking at? Or is it just a possibility at the moment?
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  12. #11
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz
    I'd find myself in the Cobra more often than not. Is there one in particular that you're looking at? Or is it just a possibility at the moment?
    Well the S3 will go sometime in the next six months which leaves me with the funds, getting background info on various kits, dont think I would build one myself,so would wait for the right one or get one build to my spec.
    Already noticed a big difference in quality (sometimes directly related to overall cost)
    Biggest issue is deciding how much I want to spend against how much I will need to spend to get what I want
    So toe in the water time at the mo

  13. #12
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic
    Well the S3 will go sometime in the next six months which leaves me with the funds, getting background info on various kits, dont think I would build one myself,so would wait for the right one or get one build to my spec.
    Already noticed a big difference in quality (sometimes directly related to overall cost)
    Biggest issue is deciding how much I want to spend against how much I will need to spend to get what I want
    So toe in the water time at the mo
    I knew that there were a few kits out there but didnt realise it was as complicated as that! With a car like that and the money you'll be spending I dont blame you for wanting to get it spot on. Hope you get what you want and enjoy the S3 whilst its still there!

    Coss
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  14. #13
    boggysv's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic
    Already noticed a big difference in quality (sometimes directly related to overall cost)
    The superformance kit seems to be setting the standards. Imho, if you are getting a car like that, there's no point being overly cost driven.

    http://www.superformance.com/
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO