England V Italy - Rugby

motorbikez

Reaction score
Lets hope England get their act together for their clash with Italy in Rome today kick off 2.30pm
otherwise they will get a lot of flak form the media tommorow.

Papers are suprisingly leinient on England today after their almost total capitulation yesterday. 2nd half they were utter rubbish, and had Italy not dropped a couple of passes, England would still be pointless after 2 games.

Same old story decent first half then crap 2nd half if only England could maintain momentum for full 80 mins very lucky to beat Italy.

Brian Ashton has been quoted as saying he was never worried, he didn't think England were ever in any danger of losing.

What game was HE watching?

He even goes on to say that England finished the game attacking the Italy try line.

Only because Italy were going all out for a match winning try, and that's when a team is most vulnerable to mistakes and a counter attack. I think Englands suprise achievement in the Wolrld Cup has masked a problem, and it's given Ashton a false reprieve. I don't think Ashton can coach an Engilsh game. He was good at Bath because they play an expansive free flowing running game, but England are a "stick it up the jumper and maul it through the forwards" team, and Ashton doesn't coach that way.

Gutted I missed this but from what I heard, Italy should have won!

they won the second half 13-3, I would have been the happiest rugby fan ever if the Tallies beat them!

(would have made it better for Ireland since our rediculous effort on saturday)

Boydie said:
Gutted I missed this but from what I heard, Italy should have won!

they won the second half 13-3, I would have been the happiest rugby fan ever if the Tallies beat them!
)

But they didn't :nyah:

I missed most of the Rugby action this weekend... We were wandering around town getting everything ready for starting my new job...

I did have the pleasure of being in a bar with 50% of the punters welsh and the other 50% scottish singing 'so long as we beat the english' together though :jump:

Still, if I try hard for my honorary welshman-badge I'll be singing with them when they win!

Regards,

Rob