Help required from budding Internet Sleuths!

Ess_Three

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Folks...can you help?

I have seen people dig up lots of info on people gleaned from the Interweb...
People who own/run web based companies...and fail to send goods that have been paid for!

Here's my dilema:
I ordered goods from the joker who runs this place:
http://throttle-bodies.com/shop/index.php

I ordered a mounting flange for a wee project I'm working on, back in October...and paid for it back then.
Nothing has been delivered...
Excuse after excuse..."the machine is broken...waiting for spares from the States", "it'll be done next week", "I'm on holiday but I'll get my partner to send it", "it's been sent...you'll have it in a few days"

The joker's name is Dave.
And he's trying my patience.

So...can anybody dig up any information on him, or that website, so I can take it to my Solicitor?
I think 4 months is a bit long...

I keep emailing him, and contacting him through his site...but now he doesn't appear to be ***** replying.

The email address he was using is:
dave@throttle-bodies.com
Although his PayPal email address is this:
ttsengineering@ntlworld.com

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers...

I know it's not exactly what you want, but did you pay on a credit card? If so, get in touch with them. Depending on the value, they will credit the money back to you and investigate on their behalf with a view to recovering their own money. I've had to do this once before. Saves you the bother.

Mike

Geordie Mike said:
I know it's not exactly what you want, but did you pay on a credit card? If so, get in touch with them. Depending on the value, they will credit the money back to you and investigate on their behalf with a view to recovering their own money. I've had to do this once before. Saves you the bother.

Mike

It's not always as cut and dried as Geordie Mike suggests, as credit card issuers aren't always as helpful as they should be, but in principle, what he is saying is right. I have PM-ed you on this, Glen.

Having a quick look at his site Glen, i notice there are no contact numbers or address's, which is strange if you had to return something...

Obviously you had to pay by card or paypal, i would contact these as the operator of this site is being fraudulent, and try to claim your money back that way as no goods have ever been recieved.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/buy/OnlineShoppingTips-outside

Good luck fella.

(look at that, just like buses, 3 replys at the same time).

Oh, and I've found a forum he's a member of:

http://www.megasquirtmaps.com/board/index.php?showtopic=120

Though he was last there on Nov 16 2007. Someone else may have tried to use him, based on the thread.

The google search term I used was just "throttle-bodies.com" and enough came up on the 1st page.

Also looks like someone else has had the same problem as you:

http://www.myssc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=33018.html

It gets a bit worse here, and he's a member of this forum too:

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=79182

I think you get the idea. If I find anything that tracks him down I will post.

No one else with anything better to do on a saturday am then? I'm avoiding packing...

Glen,

You might already have all this if you've been in touch with him.

David Graham
17 Southampton Road
Fareham
PO16 7DZ

tel: 01392 312412
email: dave-graham2@ntlworld.com

And these are the people that host his website. If he's a dodgy trader, they'll want to know.

ONEANDONE
1&1 Internet Ltd.
Herschel Street
The Nova Building
Slough
SL1 1XS

tel: 08708 503305
fax: 01753 490444
email: hostmaster@1and1.co.uk

Thanks for the replies folks...
I actually received an email from him saying he'd look into it...assuring me he thought the part had been sent.

I'll wait and see...

I paid using PayPal...but since things have taken so long, it's now outwith the 45 day limit for me to file a dispute with PayPal, so they've basically tokd me to ****** off.

ooops, thought i was clever. Should have read the other posts....

Hi!

What is happening?? Like to know because I´ve been waitning for a Zetec inlet flange since mid december and this Dave have stopped answering my e-mails.

Per

He has promised to 'look into it' and get it sorted.
But I'll not hold my breath.

I suspect neither of us will see the flanges we've ordered - and paid for.

Hope you get a decent result out of it and the goods turn up! Let us know what happens...

Regards,

Rob.

PS>

Ess_Three said:
I suspect neither of us will see the flanges we've ordered - and paid for.
...So many jokes, so little time! ;)

A bunch of us on the locost forum are having exactly the same problems - See this thread......... locostbuilders . co. uk / viewthread.php?tid=79182

Suggest complaining to consumer direct:

I'm currently trying to build a list of all those who have been ripped off by this person...........Feel free to mail me to join!.

Paul.