Fire up the quattro!

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
Anyone see Ashes to Ashes this evening? Nice to see a mint quattro as one of the stars of the show. And Keeley Hawes isn't too bad either :hubbahubba:

Baaaaaaaaah I missed it!!!

I saw a trailer for it over the weekend and got all excited about the car - my better half looked at me like I was nuts! :lmfao: (one day I'll convince her of the virtues of old Audis and Dubs!)

Anyway, back on topic, I had a press-release from Audi the other day about it...

Audi Press Office said:
Priceless Original Last-Of-The-Line Audi quattro Is Stored In Secret UK Location

Fame has returned to the sought after original Audi quattro thanks to its starring role in the new BBC TV drama series Ashes to Ashes set in 1981. The most priceless example of this legendary sports car that pioneered four-wheel-drive for production road cars, is Audi UK’s own unregistered car with zero miles and will never be put up for sale.

So rare is this car, the last right-hand-drive quattro sports car ever made, that Audi is forced to keep it in a secret location and stored in a sealed, dehumidified environment. Similar to the TV star example seen nationally each week from Thursday (7 Feb), the as new, just as it left the line Audi-owned example even shares the same bright red paint colour.

An untouched and as new car could actually be worth an unlimited sum to an enthusiast Audi collector . “We would never be able to replace this car and its value to the brand is inestimable” said Jeremy Hicks Director of Audi UK. “Whenever we have exhibited this car, we have received a succession of surprisingly high offers, but sadly this particular car, the quattro that started it all for the company in the early eighties, will never be for sale”.

In the final twist to the tale, experts have spotted that the model featured in the TV drama is actually a 1984 model year quattro identified by its single headlamp binnacles which, say the pundits, was not yet on sale in 1980. At that time, the first quattro launch in March 1980, featured twin headlamp lenses on each side.

Hicks added: “The unprecedented exposure emerging from the TV programme has thrown the spotlight back onto the original quattro for the first time since production ceased almost twenty years ago. We are seeing renewed interest in our classic cars and we fully expect demand and prices of the first Audi quattro to rise dramatically this year.

Audi has just launched the latest manifestation of the quattro line with the 580ps RS 6 quattro Avant priced from £77,625 on the road and capable of up to 174mph. The RS 6, the most powerful Audi roadcar ever made, arrives with the first UK customers in May.

Intriguingly, Audi has always spelt ‘quattro’ with a lower case Q.

...Check that out... They've got one with 0 miles on the clock! I want it I want it I waaaant it!!!

Regards,

Rob.

I also think they are repeating the first episode on BBC4 at 10pm next Thursday evening - i.e. straight after the second episode airs on BBC1.

I used to work just round the corner of that Audi centre at Piccadilly and got to spot quite a few treats in there like an R10 Le Mans Car straight from the track without even being washed.