close call

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
DON'T LOOK AT THE SECOND PICTURE BEFORE READING ALL ABOUT THE FIRST PICTURE.
untitled2.jpg

Look at the picture above and you can see where this guy broke through the guardrail, right side where the people are standing on the road (pointing). The pick-up was traveling from right to left when it crashed through the guardrail. It flipped end-over-end, across the culvert outlet, and landed right side up on the left side of the culvert, facing the opposite direction from which he was traveling. Now look at the 2nd picture below...
untitled-14.jpg

If this guy didn't believe in God before, do you suppose he believes now ?

This one came round work the other day and I totally forgot about it - it's a proper shocker eh! I hope he went and put lottery numbers on straight after!

Regards,

Rob.

I bet the driver had smelly undercrackers after that!

FactionOne said:
This one came round work the other day and I totally forgot about it - it's a proper shocker eh! I hope he went and put lottery numbers on straight after!

Regards,

Rob.

I reckon he's used up all his luck already, don't you think?

Still don't understand how he could end up facing the wrong way. that's kind of impossible given the limited space and the jump needed to clear the culvert.

AndyMac said:
Still don't understand how he could end up facing the wrong way. that's kind of impossible given the limited space and the jump needed to clear the culvert.

my thoughts exactly!!:think:

jojo - well you never know mate, it might just have been a lucky day for him - it's gotta have been worth a punt for a quid! :laugh:

...and on the issue of whether or not he jumped the gap and ended up the wrong way or not - maybe if he didn't and the internet has exaggerated the story a bit his stunt wouldn't score quite as many points, but it was still a lucky escape not to have continued a few more yards forward then a few hundred down!

Regards,

Rob

surely with the angle o'dangle and all thats just not gonna happen??

or is it just devine intervention??? ;)

Maybe i'm just cynical but I think this is photoshop at work, if the truck had turned end over end then it would have to be on its roof to be pointing that way as it would have had to turn a 180 in the horizontal plane to get that way.
Also the rescuers are on the wrong side of the truck to be getting anyone out, they sit on the left, plus they have no safety harnesses on and they are standing on what looks like 18" of cliff with a 200 foot drop.
Nobody in their right mind would do that.