SPY PHOTOS: Audi TT RS

Funny looking posed "Spy" photo's... with it parked outside a Jaquar dealership! lol

james0808 said:
350bhp,5 cylinders,twin sequential turbochargers and permanent 4WD .
http://www.worldcarfans.com/6061031.001/spy-photos-audi-tt-rs

Sorry this doesn't look genuine. The wheels are current option 19in 7 spoke (RS4's) but the rest looks like American Market 3.2 Quattro (S line spec which we don't have in UK).. (The 3.2 Q is the best Audi TT for handling and performance so far I think, athough TBF the 2.0TFsi FWD is pretty good and knocks spots off most of the opposition at the price). Red is not a good colour TT though, what TT have you got James?

I've gotta say I'm sceptical about the images matching the story too. I guess if there was testing being done of a TT-RS/RS-TT it's possible that it might happen with a new engine/running-gear in a more 'standard' body, and not something more in keeping with the 'pumped-up' RS style; but for 'spy' shots they look pretty staged, and whoever's been charged with keeping it under-wraps is doing a really poor job.

It looks to me more like someone who works at a Jaguar dealership has decided he doesn't fancy the company car, wanted something different and felt like taking some snaps of his new ride for his buds on a TT forum!

That said though, if the text that goes with the pics has some truth in it, I like the sound of the spec! It'd be nice to see a (partial) return to five-pot given how legendary the 2.2L 5-cylinder Turbo is! Agree with jojo too - it'd make a great RS3 too!

Regards,

Rob.

Exhaust and brakes would suggest something more potent underneith the s-line exterior.
If it's a test bed they will run it in a more conventional looking form anyway and save the final look for a show - geneva maybe?