New.. V12 TDI R8

was going to post that myself

simply superb......

torque....:faint::hubbahubba:

Would be interesting what type of MPG this one gets, and what type of premium they will slap onto it for being an oil burner. Surely anyone who can afford an R8 in the first place would want a high revving petrol for the thrill of going past 5k revs. :racer:

It may indeed be a diesel but being a V12 I bet it sounds awesome all the same. 730'odd lbft torque at 1750, it should come with shares in Michelin cos I bet you'll be needing new tyres rather often!! Just plain awesome!!

The spec looks amazing!

I see your point jojo about the fun of revving the V8 up to 8,000rpm - but I can't help thinking that 1,000Nm of torque might bring its own pleasures! Imagine in-gear acceleration!

Regards,

Rob

PS- There's more discussion on this over in the 8P forum...

A few pics released by the Audi press office...

What a fantastic machine!

Regards,

Rob.

And the legal bit - even though I've marked the images - These images remain the property of Audi and are not to be used in any way without prior consent.

r8tdi_3401.jpg

r8tdi_side01.jpg

r8tdi_top3401.jpg

r8tdi_top3402.jpg

r8tdi_engine01.jpg

r8tdi_int01.jpg

r8tdi_int02.jpg

Nice. These are Computer drawn images though aren't they? knocked up in some sort of CAD program? it's really obvious by the textures and the light.. or is it just me?

Yeah, they'll be from Catia or Pro/E. Pretty tidy as artificial renderings go though!

I do quite a bit of work with NVIDIA on their professional graphics stuff and now and then we get to play with some models that have been given to them by car manufacturers to mutually show off their wares; unfortunately none from Ingolstadt yet but maybe one day!

Regards,

Rob.

I wonder how much she will end up costing, bearing in my mind that there is meant to be a V10 version too.