£500K number plate

Just been looking through that thread,there is some very nice cars and plates on there.
They could have had bose or an holiday for that money though???

james0808 said:
Just been looking through that thread,there is some very nice cars and plates on there.
They could have had bose or an holiday for that money though???

They could have bought Bose the company!

Why do people here put so much value on a personal plate? In the US they are dirt cheap. And I'd have to say that, regardless of how much cash you have, spending that kind of money on a license plate is absolutely stupid.

I've got nothing against personal plates - I had one on my A3 (plate up for sale soon I guess), so far my A4 has been more anonymous.

That's just daft money though. I think people willing to part with that much cash for a registration could probably do to reprioritise! That said though, if Mr/Mrs Singh has 14,657,524,842.23p in the bank, is a good and charitable person and gets the urge for retail therapy then best of luck to them! I guess you sell for what people will pay, so good luck to the seller too I guess!

Regards,

Rob

I purchased a plate of eBay about 3 years ago for £400 sold it 3 weeks ago for just a little under 6k

passion said:
I purchased a plate of eBay about 3 years ago for £400 sold it 3 weeks ago for just a little under 6k
That was a good buy then.:icon_thumright:

There is a story in one of the sites that Mr Khan from Khan Design in Bradford has just paid £500k for the plate F 1.
:hubbahubba:

Yeah, he was on Look North tonight, he has the plate on his Mercedes M'claren SLR!.
Theres always some really tasty cars parked outside his store

It sounds completely ridiculous saying : "have bose or a holiday instead"

Mate. The people who buy these plates have more money than sense anyway.. it's just pocket money.. i'm sure the sound system in their rolls royce is carved out of pure diamond anyway. and they probably have 10 houses in the caribbean.
It's just a finishing touch.

Sam-K said:
It sounds completely ridiculous saying : "have bose or a holiday instead"

Mate. The people who buy these plates have more money than sense anyway.. it's just pocket money.. i'm sure the sound system in their rolls royce is carved out of pure diamond anyway. and they probably have 10 houses in the caribbean.
It's just a finishing touch.

I know that,thats why i posted it.It was a dig at a complete **** who was on here when i posted that,hes not on here anymore.:rockwoot:

Is there anywhere to see how much your number plate is worth

Was driving past the JCB factory this morning, saw an Aston (unsure which model, it was just huge and flash) with the plate JCB 9 on it.

2 minutes later was cut up by a white astra van with a similiar JCB number plate, swine!