• Absolute sh*te

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
What do u guys think of the Porsche Cayenne?

Cay1.jpg

Cay2.jpg

mitch78 said:
That's it though, can't afford the turbo, just the S, and for the same money you can pick up a fully kitted out Range Rover Vogue SE. Anyway, enough of me hijacking your thread.

The Cayenne is cool!

why dont you get the vw tourag, same chasis as the cayene, and get a fully loaded one for the price of the cayene

No Never the Tourag, I rented one of those once and hated it ever since, it's a pile of Poo. As for the Cayenne S, a close friend of mine just got one (The one pictured) and I really like it, especially with the type of terrain we have back home. One thing that lets it down is that it is pretty small in the back, can fit 3 medium built passengers any more and its a very tight squeeze. As for the turbo true it is pretty much double the price and thats crazy, but you can always tune an S to a turbo a cousin of mine has done this and seems to work great.

Ugly and pointless unless your a footballer or a gangster!! :)

I have to look at one all the time, as the bloke across the road has one.
Butt ugly and obscene.
But not as obscene as the most grotesque car on the road, the Q7.
Seriously, talk about a car designed for the American market and then squeezed onto our roads.
Far too big and completely unneccessary.
I don't normally support the anti 4x4 brigade, as I live in an area where many people need 4x4, but they have a point with the Q7.

rickparmar said:
why dont you get the vw tourag, same chasis as the cayene, and get a fully loaded one for the price of the cayene

Not the same at all...
Not the same chassis...the same platform...but very different to drive!
Go drive them...you'll see.

Drive a Cayenne with the active ARBs and it'll defy belief.
Drive a turbo...and the same will happen.

Damned Fugly as has been said...but deeply impressive to drive.

I've had a few as loan cars...and although I'm against the whole idea of a vehicle of that size and weight...I can't fail to be impressed with how they drive...especially with things like the air suspension and active roll bars....oh, and the heated steering wheel!

BTW, I agree on the Q7.
The absolute worst of the type...utterly, utterly stupid.

Ess_Three said:
Drive a Cayenne with the active ARBs and it'll defy belief.
Drive a turbo...and the same will happen.

I agree with you on that one Ess, I tried turbo with active ARBs and it makes all the difference, it handles way better to the Cayenne S I tried, and the turbos can always be upgraded (if not satisfied as standard)

Plain just dont like it! I dont see the point in 4x4's in general unless your actually needing to go off-road. "Their safer" is such a ******** excuse it winds me up! What about a Renault Megane for level of safety?! I like the new NCAP ratings for pedestrian safety, most 4x4's I expect score a 0!!!

Did anyone see that road rage program on BBC1 on Monday night? Some total f-wit driving his kid 2 miles to school in a pimped up Grand Cherokee going off on one about other road users blocking his way!! Hilarious stuff, makes you want to hunt him down and slap him with a big wet fish and bring him back to reality! Funny thing was there was a school bus service that did the same route as he drove but he wouldnt use it!!

I agree 4x4's are pretty pointless in the cities we live in today, but I'm making my decisions on the car being used in off-road situations, very steep mountain climbs (as pictured above) and very sandy sea drives, not the kind of terrain most people take their 4x4's in this country.

I too hate huge cars on our roads because their just inconvenient but even then the Porsche is probably one of the smallest on the road.

This is a bit of a conundrum then...

I'm not into big 4x4s as road cars either. That said though, if someone gave me a Cayenne I wouldn't turn it down because as has been said it's a well engineered piece of kit. It's just a shame it's not as visually appealing as other vehicles by Porsche. Likewise, if someone offered me a free Touareg or Q7 I wouldn't turn it away because I think while neither is as impressive a drive, they both better looking cars.

If I had a serious need to be off-road though, and I was spending my own money... It'd be bye-bye toys and styling and hello Landrover Defender.

I guess that then leads me to wonder if a Range Rover of some description might deliver a balance with some of the Land Rover's off-road ability and some of the bells and whistles the Germans offer...

I'm not sure :shrug: But if my chief concern was getting from A-B via rough terrain it'd be a Defender all the way!

Regards,

Rob

Defratos said:
I too hate huge cars on our roads because their just inconvenient but even then the Porsche is probably one of the smallest on the road.

Agreed.
I have a Cayenne directly across the road, and a Q7 a few doors down.
(yes, I am the poorest person in the street...)
The Q7 is just in a different league, sizewise.
I swear a Hummer can't be much bigger.
It truly is a vulgar behemoth of a car.
I've said it before in other forums, but the Q7 makes a horrible noise too.
It's trying to be quiet, but in a very loud way.
So you get this 'giant hoover' sort of noise, that's really unpleasant to outsiders.

bowfer said:
Agreed.
I have a Cayenne directly across the road, and a Q7 a few doors down.
(yes, I am the poorest person in the street...)
The Q7 is just in a different league, sizewise.
I swear a Hummer can't be much bigger.
It truly is a vulgar behemoth of a car.
I've said it before in other forums, but the Q7 makes a horrible noise too.
It's trying to be quiet, but in a very loud way.
So you get this 'giant hoover' sort of noise, that's really unpleasant to outsiders.

The BMW X5 is worse, especially if it is White and with a PP, sums up all my hates.. BMW, 4x4, white and PP's!! Sorry!!

:icon_thumright:

RGBArgee said:
The BMW X5 is worse

Sizewise?
Hardly.
The Q7 must compare with that massive Merc you can get, is it the GL?
Ever seen a Q7 in your usual Debenhams/John Lewis car park?
They should be surcharged, because they effectively take up three spaces.
Or, at least, they make it difficult for people either side.

bowfer said:
Sizewise?
Hardly.
The Q7 must compare with that massive Merc you can get, is it the GL?
Ever seen a Q7 in your usual Debenhams/John Lewis car park?
They should be surcharged, because they effectively take up three spaces.
Or, at least, they make it difficult for people either side.

Don't do Debenhams I'm afraid... but I have seen a Q7 in JL Car Park and think they are naff too, only saving grace is the Audi bit, hate 4x4's. Q7 is really not my idea of a fun car. Was offered one for the weekend by local Audi dealer to take daughter to Uni, but didn't even want to drive one for the free fuel!!:jump: .

RGBArgee said:
The BMW X5 is worse, especially if it is White and with a PP, sums up all my hates.. BMW, 4x4, white and PP's!! Sorry!!

:icon_thumright:

What are PP's ?

Its probably a very good drive but I could not drive a car as ugly as that.

I quite like the look of the Touareg Altitude as far as offroaders go. If your going to do it properly though its got to be a Range Rover

The Turbo is awesome, amazing that something so big can move like it does.

I think the standard Cayenne looks mince though, nothing next to a Turbo, no point to it really.

For that reason I give the Cayenne overall a cool!

Why does everyone have to condemn 4X4s? Dont get Me wrong they arent My cup of tea thats for sure !! But if a driver can afford the extra road tax and to fuel them then why not ?? A friend has a Range Rover sport and likes the safety factor for His kids ? Realisticaly they probably burn less fuel (The diesels) And take up not much more space than say An A4 avant ???

ChuckH said:
Why does everyone have to condemn 4X4s? Dont get Me wrong they arent My cup of tea thats for sure !! But if a driver can afford the extra road tax and to fuel them then why not ?? A friend has a Range Rover sport and likes the safety factor for His kids ? Realisticaly they probably burn less fuel (The diesels) And take up not much more space than say An A4 avant ???

for me its the following

you can`t see round the ****** things.

most of them just do the school run so the wifes can`t kerb the alloys.

Most of the owners think they have the right of way everywhere as they are bigger.

would hate to hit one head on , I think I would lose , yes they would be safe but I might be dead so shoot them all to be safe

dont like them ! driven a good few and in carparks or tight squeeze situations i'd rather be driving my bus ! at least it has a better turning circle !

as for the rr ! wow ! love them ! couldnt afford one and the build quality is iffy in places but just so much more of a car for me !
just my tuppence .