Job interviews & taking time off work

Hey folks,

Just a quick update for you...

I was told I'd hear about the interview I had by the end of this week; anyway I had a phone call around lunchtime today... I've been offered the job! :thumbsup:

It's a little diversion from the career path I was following, but it's quite an interesting job all the same, the money's quite good and I'll get a nice new Passat TDI into the bargain so my bus can have a rest during the week! (Or possibly be changed for something a little less 'sensible' (still with four rings though, of course!)).

The only potential spanner in the works is another job I'm chasing, so once I know which way that's going I'll have my decision! :)

Regards,

Rob.

Well done Rob! :) Just have to hope you hear soon on the other job; the offers rarely seem open for long in case other people are interested.

Cheers Ben!

I've got a little time to see what happens while I wait-for and respond-to the formal offer letter from their HR department; but to be honest I've been thinking about it a lot already (and especially given the day I've just had at my outgoing-job) and I'm pretty confident I'll go with this one.

Thanks again mate,

Rob.

Nice one Rob.

Now let's start speccing that Passat.

2.00 TDI 170 4-motion sport.....

Thanks guys!

TDI - You know I was thinking along the same lines bud! I've a funny feeling I might not be able to push the boat out quite so much, but I'm sure as it's a Passat TDI it'll be a tidy motor. I suppose I can try my luck with a 170 4-motion though, I'll point out the residuals will be better... :thumbsup:

Thanks again chaps,

Rob.

Well done babe. I'm so proud of you :wub: you're ex-employers-to-be soooo don't deserve you!:eiertritt:

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new job. awesome!!:icon_thumright:

Ming Blue said:
Well done babe. I'm so proud of you :wub: you're ex-employers-to-be soooo don't deserve you!:eiertritt:

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new job. awesome!!:icon_thumright:
FactionOne said:
Thanks hun! That's sweet.

I'm really looking forward to it...

Rob

I think I'm gonna be sick! :puke2:

******, just had feedback from my agency ref a 2nd interview I had on Friday, and didnt get the job :-(

******!!!

I had to do a presentation on a topic of my choice, but it had to be financially related so I did it on the changes to the income tax system happening this year. Feedback was that although the presentation was good i'd missed the point as it bore no relation to the company I was being interviewed by! How stupid as reason is that to give??!! The changes will affect everyone after all! Its a manufacturing company so a little difficult to talk about one of their products from a financial perpesctive if you know nothing about it financially speaking!!

Gutted to say the least as it was a really good job, guess I keep soldiering on.................

Gutted for you mate,

It strikes me as a bit of a poor show to invite you to make a presentation on a subject of your choosing and then penalise you when you select something that is directly related to finance and relevant to everyone - and it's made worse when they say it was a good presentation.

It sounds to me like there might be better people to work with/for if that's what they're like. I'm sure if you can keep from letting it get to you persistence will bring you a greater opportunity...

Take care bud,

Rob