Pet Insurance for dogs?

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could anyone recomend a good company to go wth for pet insurance.

I have a year old cross pooch and really must get him insured!

I know you have to look at monthly costs and excess, but im a bit unclear on things like if the animal is ill, some companies only cover for a year etc...

Any advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Search for a company called Healthy Pets in google- we have a beagle pup & have the top cover & only pay £12pm, compared to tesco £22 which isnt bad considering the pup cost £850.

Pet plan :icon_thumright:
A lot of insurers won't continue to pay treatment on something they've being paying out for for 12 months. (after the 12 month period your no longer covered for that particular ailment) but pet plan continue to cover you for life.

LottieA3 said:
Dude, PETPLAN. They have the most expensive premiums but are the best. Like TRS1 said, all insurance companies like Tesco, More Than etc etc etc etc will insure your pet for life...BUT will only cover ONE condition for 12 months.
So if your dog got colitis or something they would only pay out for 12 months and then stop. But they wont stop insuring your animals for 'other' conditions.

But Petplan will cover any condition after the pet has been insured for life. You obviously pay your excess per year per condition but they wont not pay out.

I 'know' this because I studied Pet Insurance whilst I was a vet nurse.

I pay about £30 in total a month for 2 cats and a large breed dog with petplan, they give you 10% discount on 3 or more animals, and it is well worth it and already has paid off for the cats each. Not yet for the dog as he is a pup.

Don't fall for insurer's like Tesco etc because although they are cheap, they are crap for pet insurance.

xx

My mate wishes he'd had pet insurance on his old Rover (SD1 V8) when the engine blew up!):hubbahubba:

Lottie speaks the truth! Our Boxer bitch is insured with PetPlan and we would be totally broke without it

Our dog has serious alergies and the insurance sorts us out with bills etc...

Great company and will use them again!

i use sainsburys, about £7 p/month i think, direct debit aswell