Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

Pet Insurance for dogs?

Hi all,

Could anyone recomend a good company to go wth for pet insurance.

I have a year old cross pooch and really must get him insured!

I know you have to look at monthly costs and excess, but im a bit unclear on things like if the animal is ill, some companies only cover for a year etc...

Any advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boots Electric

Status
    Search for a company called Healthy Pets in google- we have a beagle pup & have the top cover & only pay 12pm, compared to tesco 22 which isnt bad considering the pup cost 850.
    Audi Avant 1.8t 190 s-line

Topper Harley

Status
    Pet plan
    A lot of insurers won't continue to pay treatment on something they've being paying out for for 12 months. (after the 12 month period your no longer covered for that particular ailment) but pet plan continue to cover you for life.

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah ive heard that, cool, im thinking of going with them

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by LottieA3
    Dude, PETPLAN. They have the most expensive premiums but are the best. Like TRS1 said, all insurance companies like Tesco, More Than etc etc etc etc will insure your pet for life...BUT will only cover ONE condition for 12 months.
    So if your dog got colitis or something they would only pay out for 12 months and then stop. But they wont stop insuring your animals for 'other' conditions.

But Petplan will cover any condition after the pet has been insured for life. You obviously pay your excess per year per condition but they wont not pay out.

I 'know' this because I studied Pet Insurance whilst I was a vet nurse.

I pay about 30 in total a month for 2 cats and a large breed dog with petplan, they give you 10% discount on 3 or more animals, and it is well worth it and already has paid off for the cats each. Not yet for the dog as he is a pup.

Don't fall for insurer's like Tesco etc because although they are cheap, they are crap for pet insurance.

xx
    My mate wishes he'd had pet insurance on his old Rover (SD1 V8) when the engine blew up!)

Boydie
    Lottie speaks the truth! Our Boxer ***** is insured with PetPlan and we would be totally broke without it

Our dog has serious alergies and the insurance sorts us out with bills etc...

Great company and will use them again!

got boost

Status
    I use buddies pet insurance http://www.buddies.co.uk/ they seem good with me and paid vets bills direct so i cant complain ...
    1999 audi s3, silver recardo leather, lightly smoked windows,18" rs4 reps, full exhaust with de-cat, cold air induction, front mount intercooler, 13.850 1/4 mile @ 102 mph.A little vid on me running a 13.90
    http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MOV00019.flv
    xbox gamer tag jeffers999
    PS IM AFTER A CENTER ARM REST ASAP......
    Car collection
    Audi s3
    Vitara fat boy jeep soft top
    saxo vtr , little track toy
    polo 1.4 beast

5th Gear

Status
    i use sainsburys, about 7 p/month i think, direct debit aswell
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels