Evel Kneivel

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Hammond told a good story but it was a shame to see the great man gasping for air not good viewing

I thought Hammond did a good journalistic job of keeping objective when confronted with the reality that his boyhood hero was, in reality, a bit of a tosser.

jdp1962 said:
I thought Hammond did a good journalistic job of keeping objective when confronted with the reality that his boyhood hero was, in reality, a bit of a tosser.

In agreement here, you could see in Hammonds face that he was feeling some mixed emotions regarding Evel. Sure the guy had some balls to do what he did but was far more prone to crashing than I think was ever publicised, and certainly was a complete egomaniac to go with it. Cant say i warmed to him at all!!

I feel the same way Hammond does. He was a childhood hero, and going on that interview it seems like he was a bit of a ****. Mixed emotions now.

I grew up watching him do his jumps (and falls) and we used to play with the toys so didn't know about his other persona so despite the programme enlightening me I still see a childhood hero become very frail which wasn't nice to see

voorhees said:
I grew up watching him do his jumps (and falls) and we used to play with the toys so didn't know about his other persona so despite the programme enlightening me I still see a childhood hero become very frail which wasn't nice to see

Totally agreed!!!!!! I personally can't see the point of dis-respecting someone that is now dead.

voorhees said:

Yeah, I would say Evel falls into the Alex Higgins and George Best catagories of genius at whatever sport they did but total losers in real life...

showed him in a poor light really and when he senced the q`s going the wrong way he left ............ shame but reminded me of eddie the eagle edwards a bit lol

why is it people always get slagged, so what if he was a ****, plenty of them out there, people hide behind their keyboards, how many people have the balls to do what he did, lucky guy to live the way he did, look at eddie kidd and christopher reeve, r.i.p kneivel you so called **** with MASSIVE balls or just a maniac, he lived life to the full , more than some wasters out there !!!!!1

auditek said:
why is it people always get slagged, so what if he was a ****, plenty of them out there, people hide behind their keyboards, how many people have the balls to do what he did, lucky guy to live the way he did, look at eddie kidd and christopher reeve, r.i.p kneivel you so called **** with MASSIVE balls or just a maniac, he lived life to the full , more than some wasters out there !!!!!1

I still think he came across as a bit of a ****! You won't change my mind!

auditek said:

Whooaa! Back in your box.

I never slagged him off, I said he came across as a ****, which he did.

I am not hiding behind my keyboard, I couldn't really give a **** about the guy and I never said he didn't have balls.

But his demeanour on the programme showed him as being an obnoxious character, that's how it is like it or not.

Jesus.