Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Evel Kneivel

Status

Evel Kneivel

Hammond told a good story but it was a shame to see the great man gasping for air not good viewing
    Last edited by voorhees; 24th December 2007 at 08:40.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Personally, I thought he was a bit of a cock.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I couldn't get into it....

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I thought Hammond did a good journalistic job of keeping objective when confronted with the reality that his boyhood hero was, in reality, a bit of a tosser.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    When was this on?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Status
    after Topgear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoproturon
    Personally, I thought he was a bit of a cock.
    Agreed!
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    I thought Hammond did a good journalistic job of keeping objective when confronted with the reality that his boyhood hero was, in reality, a bit of a tosser.
    In agreement here, you could see in Hammonds face that he was feeling some mixed emotions regarding Evel. Sure the guy had some balls to do what he did but was far more prone to crashing than I think was ever publicised, and certainly was a complete egomaniac to go with it. Cant say i warmed to him at all!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    I feel the same way Hammond does. He was a childhood hero, and going on that interview it seems like he was a bit of a dick. Mixed emotions now.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

Status
    I grew up watching him do his jumps (and falls) and we used to play with the toys so didn't know about his other persona so despite the programme enlightening me I still see a childhood hero become very frail which wasn't nice to see

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    I grew up watching him do his jumps (and falls) and we used to play with the toys so didn't know about his other persona so despite the programme enlightening me I still see a childhood hero become very frail which wasn't nice to see

Totally agreed!!!!!! I personally can't see the point of dis-respecting someone that is now dead.
    03' S4
    00' A4 1.8TQS (sold)
    Seat Ibiza GTI (track day car) (sold)
    Seat Leon (her car)
    DRZ 400S

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dickys3
    Agreed!

Double agreed !!
    Audi 3.0 Sport Cab (Weekend) Transit 130 tdci GLX. (Everyday) Audi 2,0 TDI S line Avant (Somedays) Yamaha R1 (Track) Kawasaki ZZR 1400 (Road) Rotax RM1 (Track kart) I is a petrolhead !

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    Yeah, I would say Evel falls into the Alex Higgins and George Best catagories of genius at whatever sport they did but total losers in real life...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

thats me

Status
    showed him in a poor light really and when he senced the q`s going the wrong way he left ............ shame but reminded me of eddie the eagle edwards a bit lol
    red to red black to black blue to bits

1st Gear

Status
    why is it people always get slagged, so what if he was a cock, plenty of them out there, people hide behind their keyboards, how many people have the balls to do what he did, lucky guy to live the way he did, look at eddie kidd and christopher reeve, r.i.p kneivel you so called cock with MASSIVE balls or just a maniac, he lived life to the full , more than some wasters out there !!!!!1

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auditek
    why is it people always get slagged, so what if he was a cock, plenty of them out there, people hide behind their keyboards, how many people have the balls to do what he did, lucky guy to live the way he did, look at eddie kidd and christopher reeve, r.i.p kneivel you so called cock with MASSIVE balls or just a maniac, he lived life to the full , more than some wasters out there !!!!!1
    I still think he came across as a bit of a cock! You won't change my mind!
    Last edited by dickys3; 28th December 2007 at 19:52.
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auditek
    Whooaa! Back in your box.

I never slagged him off, I said he came across as a cock, which he did.

I am not hiding behind my keyboard, I couldn't really give a **** about the guy and I never said he didn't have balls.

But his demeanour on the programme showed him as being an obnoxious character, that's how it is like it or not.

Jesus.

1st Gear

Status
    lol, was expectin a reply like that, was just stirring it, have an exelent new year.