I love to Wii

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Got myself a Nintendo Wii a few weeks back and am getting to grips with it. It's fantastic. I'm not a "gamer" by any stretch of the imagination, in fact the Wii is my first ever games console(I'm 34). I loved the idea of being interactive rather than just your thumbs getting any workout. I've only got the Wii sports, but have downloaded Super Mario Bros(the original version from like 1984) which I used to play every day as a kid at the local corner shop. I've also downloaded the Opera internet browser, so I pop onto as-net during the advert breaks. I also bought a media player software package that lets me play all my mp3's, video's and photos that are stored on my pc upstairs on the wii in my living room - on my telly.

Just thought I'd share with you. I feel like a kid at christmas.

Yeah Wiis rock! It really shows just how much thought Nintendo put into them!

I'm kicking myself for not buying one a couple of months ago. They're like the proverbial rocking-horse dung at the moment! Work managed to get a few thousand over the past few weeks while most of the big-chains have had no stock at all; but our buy-price to get them in was greatly inflated as they're so much in constraint, so sell price is quite a bit above what they would otherwise go for. It'd have been awesome to have one for us over Christmas but the accountant side of me is telling me to hold off until the new year when there's more stock around now! :(

Regards,

Rob.

I'm a bit of a gamer myself, but getting on a bit, despite being only 30. Had a go of my mates Wii, and it was well addictive, so waiting for Argos to get some stock, so I can buy one of their bundles, seems best value after a bit of research. I was offered a brand new Wii yesterday imported from France for £205, but I declined, just incase, as it probably won't have any warranty.

Is that the fitness test that included in Wii Sports?

I did take the test, I have a fitness age of 45. Then again, a mate of mine who is a fitness instructor and does the iron-man and mega triathlons and body-building competitions etc has a fitness age of 65 hahahaha. Oh how we laughed, he wasn't tho.

there were loads in stock last sunday and looked like most stores had them in stock on wednesday at the meadowhall.

Got the wife one for xmas with sports and mario party??/ something like that. then picked up the wii play set. See how things go over xmas with it.

I wouldn't even dream of making any comments about your age lottie, despite your hobbies including Baking. :icon_thumright:

Back on the Topic of Wii's though, I am undecided as to whether to get one or not, they look really good fun, but are they something that is all hype?

H1_8ENF said:
Back on the Topic of Wii's though, I am undecided as to whether to get one or not, they look really good fun, but are they something that is all hype?

You really need to have a go before buying then, they are fantastic fun, and pretty addictive and best played with a few mates around.

Well hopefully with christmas round the corner I think there is a fair chance that my gf may have bought me one, as an excuse for her to get to play with one!

Got my Wii for Xmas last year from my lovely girlfriend. It is good but i have not played it a great deal. Saying that i did buy Mario Galaxies when it was released and am now only 2 stars away from completion.

Couple of mates of mine have got the Guitar hero game but my brain can't cope with that as it like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time to me.

Sonic vs Mario olympics is pretty good too especially if you like Wii sports but be warned it can induce a bit of a sweat!!

I know it's been ages since I last posted, but I have been paying attention a little bit.

We just got ourselves a Wii a few days ago, and love it. I know stocks are pretty limited in the shops at the moment, but I am dead lucky - mine came free with my new mobile phone!

Has anyone posted up their Wii numbers? Then we could have Mii-offs or online multiplayer. When I get home tonight, I'll look mine up and stick it on here.

:salute:

Am I the only one that thinks the Wii completely misses the point of a games console?

Games consoles are all about sitting on your ****, drinking beer, eating crisps, not going for a pee until your absolutely about to burst because you haven't yet defeated that boss (or come 1st in a driving game) and (if you have some!) playing on it with friends so you can all get drunk and take the **** out of each others ineptitude due to varying inebriated states!

I don't wanna have a mini-exercise when I'm playing a console, I just wanna veg out!

Yes, I suppose the Wii could be fun for brief periods at certain times but Nintendo are falling into the same old trap they've always done because they are confused as to whether they are a 'serious' games console manufacturer or some kind of soft-toy/merchandise manufacturer with a games console wing on the side.

Nintendo have an obsession with trying to make everything all cute, cuddly, cheery, shiny, happy, simply, bright and neon... the same words that can be used to sum up something else too... pre-school childrens TV! I don't know about any body else put this puts me off enourmously and I believe it has always been a downfall of Nintendo, effectively meaning their products are viewed as nothing other than kids toys to all but a few.

I think Nintendo are going to end up going down the same road as Sega did, ditching the hardware and producing software only. Lets face it its not as though their technology is cutting edge any more, there's nothing that makes it a 'must have'. A motion sensing controller certainly doesn't cut the mustard in that respect. Their games can easily be reproduced on other systems, and with a bit of work so can their control methods.

Anybody who knows anything about games consoles knows there is no real money in the hardware anyway... its all about the games and there is certainly not enough, if any, big games developers developing "I've got to have that!" games for the Wii... so there goes the licencing fees that the likes of Sony and Microsoft reap from their consoles.

Anyway I could go on and on but I've bored myself and probably everyone else so I'll end here!

But historically, Nintendo are a toy manufacturer. Not an electronics or software firm.

The point of a games console, I would have thought, is fun.

The Wii is that, by the bucketful.

thebluebus said:
But historically, Nintendo are a toy manufacturer. Not an electronics or software firm.

My point exactly and the reason why Nintendo products have never been taken seriously since the SNES/N64... since they started kiddifying everything and using it as a secondary marketing tool for their own products (Pokemon etc)

thebluebus said:
The point of a games console, I would have thought, is fun.

The Wii is that, by the bucketful.

Yeah, your right I suppose but its nothing more (reflected by the majority of its marketing and games) than a kids toy and once the novelty wears off it will have the longevity of such. It may be great for family/social occasions but do you really want to come home after work to start flailing your limbs around like a buffoon or just crash out on the sofa where the most you have to move is your thumbs? (and your arm to reach for a cold one!)

I bet the Wii would get some people in hot water too. Imagine the scenario... you get home, smelling of booze, all hot and sweaty, and you really expect the other half will believe you were playing on a Wii?? Oh, hang on... that could be the excuse we've been looking for!! LOL :)

Shades said:
It may be great for family/social occasions but do you really want to come home after work to start flailing your limbs around like a buffoon or just crash out on the sofa where the most you have to move is your thumbs? (and your arm to reach for a cold one!)
For crashing out with just thumb movement there's my old xBox. But Mrs Bluebus has no interest in FPS or racing games, and I wanted a console we could spend time on together. For a laugh.

Carphone Warehouse gave me my Wii for free with my new phone, but I also had the offer of a 360 or PS3 - depending on which handset I was after.

I made the right choice for us I think - it's much more real fun than xBox :)

No sign of your Wii numbers either - or is there a thread somewhere I've missed while I've been off hiding?

I'm itching to swap my Mii of Kakahira from "Ichi the Killer"...

nintendo wii rocks imo, got mine on release day last year and havent really played it the past year until a few weeks ago got the wii zapper with link crossbow training game for £20 very addictive and in the middle of playing resident evil the umbrella chronicles at the moment.

Had a try on one of these Wii thingys myself yesterday. Was a good laugh, but I don't think I would spend the money on one. Gaming seems to have passed me by!:tumble:

karl7900 said:
Had a try on one of these Wii thingys myself yesterday. Was a good laugh, but I don't think I would spend the money on one. Gaming seems to have passed me by!:tumble:

The thing with the Wii and the market Nintendo has aimed for is the age goup. There's is no age limit with the games, I was playing on my cousins Wii over xmas period along with his dad and kids, three generations all flapping their arms about playing Mario and Sonic Olympics - Fantastic!

jojo said:
The thing with the Wii and the market Nintendo has aimed for is the age goup. There's is no age limit with the games, I was playing on my cousins Wii over xmas period along with his dad and kids, three generations all flapping their arms about playing Mario and Sonic Olympics - Fantastic!

I was playing my mates Wii against his two young kids (6 & 10) and I agree, it was such a good laugh. You get quite a workout too with all the arm waving etc.

I just would'nt consider buying a games console (of any type) for myself.