RS4 wheels everywhere

JohnS3

Reaction score
Saw this sig on the mkivs forum, quite true actually! Made me laugh anyway...

cuntysig.jpg

Same with RS6 wheels. Thats why I got a set of Nouvoloris.

They look good but had been done to death about 9 months ago but they're still going strong.

rickparmar said:
jojo you have to much money

My Passat goes through a set of rubber every 12 months and 15k miles or so, and it's more cost effective to get new rims with new rubber, and sell the old ones on bud. :moa:

I like the R8 reps. Looking good!

I think that them wheels go with the style and subtle look of Audis so mine are staying,lairy jap alloys wouldn't look right..bbs are okay

jojo where do you buy your alloys from, and what tyres do you use rich boy

I think the RS4 v2's aren't as common so you can get away with those...

emzino said:
I think the RS4 v2's aren't as common so you can get away with those...

Really? I see them all over, you can get them as a fctory option on just about every car in the range, even huge ones for the Q7.

JohnS3 said:
Really? I see them all over, you can get them as a fctory option on just about every car in the range, even huge ones for the Q7.

Hmm maybe it's just Croydon then. Now that's it been brought up though, i'm going to have a closer look on the road lol.

But, what else could you get that's OEM and nice looking...

I gotta to admit i loved my RS4's but love my cup 3's more, even though they dont look as big?

Am I missing something (again .. groan) or are 'Genuine RS4 Alloys' the 19inch 7 spokes fitted to RS4's and an option on TT's. There seem to be a lot of 18in and 'lookie likies' around at present!
Cheers

Rick

Rick Glover said:
Am I missing something (again .. groan) or are 'Genuine RS4 Alloys' the 19inch 7 spokes fitted to RS4's and an option on TT's. There seem to be a lot of 18in and 'lookie likies' around at present!
Cheers

Rick

Genuine RS4's(B5) are 18X8.5 made of magnesium and prone to buckling. RS4(B7) are the 19" 7 spokes you are referring to, and only available in 18" as an option of course, on lesser models like the TT and A3(I think?) Alos, I think they might be available in 20" fitted onto high spec Q7's.

jojo said:
Genuine RS4's(B5) are 18X8.5 made of magnesium and prone to buckling. RS4(B7) are the 19" 7 spokes you are referring to, and only available in 18" as an option of course, on lesser models like the TT and A3(I think?) Alos, I think they might be available in 20" fitted onto high spec Q7's.

It is the 19" RS4's that are an option on current TT's . I think the current 18 inch versions are 'lookie likies' and have never appeared on an RS4 (B5 or B7).
:icon_thumright:

Rick Glover said:
It is the 19" RS4's that are an option on current TT's . I think the current 18 inch versions are 'lookie likies' and have never appeared on an RS4 (B5 or B7).
:icon_thumright:

18in 7 spokes are/were on A3 Sline Special Edition (exclusive) and i think appear on the end of range A4 CAB Sline SE:icon_thumright:

Dunno about 19's,I like the looke of them but the weight and handling issues make me unsure,my wheels are heavy enough with spacers and they are only 18's
Keeping with Audi wheels has got to be the way even though people say try something different,Audi spend thousands on research,design and styling on these wheels so if people question their integrity then what about the actual vehicle?

jasonS3 said:
Dunno about 19's,I like the looke of them but the weight and handling issues make me unsure,my wheels are heavy enough with spacers and they are only 18's
Keeping with Audi wheels has got to be the way even though people say try something different,Audi spend thousands on research,design and styling on these wheels so if people question their integrity then what about the actual vehicle?

Agree . I would never want to put wheels on an Audi that were not available 'ex factory' on that model. You also face problems with Insurance and resale value.

Rick (soon to have TT with 19in 7 spokes 'ex factory'.):icon_thumright:

jasonS3 said:
I went from 18" Nouvolaris to 19" Mercedes Carlsson reps and the 19's was lighter and looked 100 times better.

I think Audis look best with Audi wheels. IMHO. I don't wear odd socks!!

TT
R

Did they do Sline (badges) pre 2005. Wheel look nice but have you seen the A4 with genuine 20 Spoke 18 in circa Spring 2006?

Cheers:sorry: