Best Oil Change

POPS11

Reaction score
Hi, A freind of mine suggested I empty the dirty oil out of sump....replace with clean thin oil...run the engine for a minute or 2 no longer to get rid of any remaining sludge/dirty oil...and then again empty the thin oil out of engine...change oil filter and replace with the best oil i can afford.

the car is a audi a4 1.9 tdi 130

i would like your views on this please.

thank you

This sounds like the flushing oil you use on engines which haven't had an oil change for a while. If your car has always been regularly serviced, then just replacing old for new would be fine, otherwise I can't see much benefit to changing the oil twice.

If you're doing it yourself, a tip I was given is to drive the car up the road and back again so that the engine is just barely warm. This makes the oil drain out a bit more easily; if you do it from a hot engine you may burn yourself!

Yes, it's best to do the oil change when the engine is slightly warm as mentioned above, and it's recommended you use a specific PD engine oil for your engine (501.1 spec or something like that) to keep things in good shape.