JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: Best Oil Change

Reverse Gear

Status

Best Oil Change

Hi, A freind of mine suggested I empty the dirty oil out of sump....replace with clean thin oil...run the engine for a minute or 2 no longer to get rid of any remaining sludge/dirty oil...and then again empty the thin oil out of engine...change oil filter and replace with the best oil i can afford.

the car is a audi a4 1.9 tdi 130

i would like your views on this please.

thank you

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    This sounds like the flushing oil you use on engines which haven't had an oil change for a while. If your car has always been regularly serviced, then just replacing old for new would be fine, otherwise I can't see much benefit to changing the oil twice.

If you're doing it yourself, a tip I was given is to drive the car up the road and back again so that the engine is just barely warm. This makes the oil drain out a bit more easily; if you do it from a hot engine you may burn yourself!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Yes, it's best to do the oil change when the engine is slightly warm as mentioned above, and it's recommended you use a specific PD engine oil for your engine (501.1 spec or something like that) to keep things in good shape.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400