Petrol price protests planned!!

The fuel price went upto about 85p/litre when we had the last fuel protest,if i remember correctly.
Its getting ****** ridiculous now,fooking robbing gits.

heres hoping we can do something about it this time. Get that blasted Gordon Brown out the hotseat would be a good start..

i think gordon brown needs to be chucked out before we see a bigger increase!

so oil is sold in barrels by the dollar. at the moment we're seeing the best exchange rate between pound and dollar for a long long time so in theory the price of fuel should be going down. one has to ask the question why isn't it?

shineydave said:
so oil is sold in barrels by the dollar. at the moment we're seeing the best exchange rate between pound and dollar for a long long time so in theory the price of fuel should be going down. one has to ask the question why isn't it?

Because the government are desperate and VERY GREEDY, as you say Dave oil is priced in dollars and as such fuel should be between 8p and 10p per litre less than it is.

The government is quietly raking in an extra £10 million pounds per day.It is also grabbing an extra £40 million pounds per month in VAT due to higher pump prices.In October the treasury assumed oil would average $68 dollars per barrel but in fact it has been nearer $90 so if oil prices stay around this level the government will cream an extra £4 billion a year above its own forecasts.

65% of pump price is tax the highest in europe.In April 2008 the robbing bas-ards are going to put another 2p per litre fuel duty on.Just to make our lives a bit harder.

They have wars to try and fund at hence they dont touch petrol prices. Plus due to them suposedly making the Middle East safer surely this should bring prices down and also the bargins Iraq will be giving them the oil for, for policing their country.

TBH i try not to think about all this stuff as it makes me intensly angry as no matter what the public do protests whatever. They WILL NOT reduce or make changes, because if they do it for that the public know they have the power to make changes to policy. So it would open the flood gates for everything else to be protested and complained about. (then the UK might as well be called France)

Joe Public cant make the difference its companys and indiustry that make the changes. The last protest was due to lorry drivers and what not blocking the refinarys, you try blocking a fuel refinary in your Audi and it will get tow'd and crushed.

The government have to get the money for the spongers from somewhere