Part time job for 3weeks.

boggysv

Reaction score
I'm having 3 weeks of winter break (plus alot of free time next semester) and would like to find a decent part time job. Sitting at home isnt entertaining at all. Gaining some work experience and petrol money sounds like a good idea too.

Was looking at gumtree.com and other relevant sites, but cant seem to find anything nice, almost everything involves bars/clubs/waiting.

Anyone here that is able to lead me in the right direction for a job at a dealership? Audi preferred. I was told it's possible to just pop in and ask, but I'm not sure that's very appropriate.

Btw, I'm based in central london.

Thanks in advance!

mate this time of the year get in catering! it's what im going to do for my winter break.. the tips are brilliant!! drunk rich people at christmas :D

Not too keen on catering/waiting jobs I'm afraid. Thanks for the tip though.

No offence intended but if you need the money surely any job is a good'n for a few weeks?

rodenal said:
No offence intended but if you need the money surely any job is a good'n for a few weeks?

I'm not desperate for the income, though it'd be nice to have a good paying pt job. Just want to try something new and not waste my time at home.

Why not try some volunteer work if the money's not an issue?

Might sound daft but why not empty the loft/spare cupboards/wardrobes/garage and put a load of stuff on eBay? I sell bits and pieces on there most of the time but a work colleague recently put 26 items on all in one go. Just good quality stuff lying around doing nothing - netted him £420 so far.

Santa, cummunity service...thankgod we dont have chris hansen this side of the ocean.

benw123, sadly, my room is the size of a parking spot, and there is nothing much in it to sell really.

Maybe I'll just find a simple retail job at a boutique or similar.

When i was at Uni, every holiday break i would work for Europcar (car rental) in Victoria. I was basically paid to deliver rental cars to various central London hotels. The pay was'nt great but i got to drive loads of different cars from astra's to SL's and i learnt to get around London. I got the job by just ringing up various rental companies till i found one the was hiring drivers.

MikeS4 said:
When i was at Uni, every holiday break i would work for Europcar (car rental) in Victoria. I was basically paid to deliver rental cars to various central London hotels. The pay was'nt great but i got to drive loads of different cars from astra's to SL's and i learnt to get around London. I got the job by just ringing up various rental companies till i found one the was hiring drivers.

Thats sounds a cool job actually. I worked in a garden centre during my college days.. Would ratehr have been driving around the place in a different car each time tho..

I get to serve coffee outside a restaurant at waddesdon manor tomorrow till i got back to uni..

..It's ****.

Tips are amazing though. but it's still ****.