Chris NottAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Ho Ho Ho - tis the season to get burgled

Driving up to the house coming home from work, noticed the alarm on the front of the house was flashing its little LED wildly. Pull up at the top of the drive and can see the dinning room window wide open.

The kind peeps have had it away with my brand new 37" TV, the HD DVD under it and damaged, scratched, chipped the AV stand - all bought last month!

The thick twats then did not relise that the two front door keys where in one of the doors, so unlocked that door to be confronted with another locked door, so they took all the kit back out of the window all while the alarm was going off

Not a happy bunny, looks like they picked up on their way out my Camera and my wifes IPOD. They even took all the remotes! Even I can't fcking find them and they have nicked them, even the SKY one, and they left the SKY+ box. The gits also had great big muddy shoes on and have left foot prints all over the carpets

Bobby and SOCCO(?) have been out, a team going round in a white van they think, 4 youths, SOCCO lady even said you could see smearing on the front living room windows where they have come up for a nosey before going around the back to break in.

Be careful folks, always set your alarm if you have one. I think that if ours had not been on then certainly the other LCDs upstairs would have gone, laptop etc

2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    What an absolute nightmare mate!

Really sorry to read that, especially at this time of the year!

Hope the Police catch the little %$(*s and they get what they deserve!

Hope you get everything sorted out without too much stress and expense so you can get over it in time for a good Christmas...

Best regards,

Rob.
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    We all know IF the Plod do catch them, they will get let off, or maybe a few weeks at a holiday camp (prison)!
    Vote for me as president, I propose bringing back public floggings, and ginving the plod the paddle again!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    B@stard time of year for it to happen with the run up to Xmas, unlucky bud, hope you was insured and everything gets back to normal in your household asap! My house was burgled about 15 years ago, and the thieves had enough time to clean the house out from top to bottom, and it was an aweful feeling having all your belongings ransacked.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Brum brum

Status
    Sorry to hear what's happened. I was burgled 3 years ago and they took my S3 in the process. Not a nice feeling. Hope you get things sorted soon and hope you can have some sort of Christmas.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

got boost

Status
    Very gutted for you mate, Hope it all gets sorted for ya tho ....
    1999 audi s3, silver recardo leather, lightly smoked windows,18" rs4 reps, full exhaust with de-cat, cold air induction, front mount intercooler, 13.850 1/4 mile @ 102 mph.A little vid on me running a 13.90
    http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MOV00019.flv
    xbox gamer tag jeffers999
    PS IM AFTER A CENTER ARM REST ASAP......
    Car collection
    Audi s3
    Vitara fat boy jeep soft top
    saxo vtr , little track toy
    polo 1.4 beast

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks all -make me feel better. We are insured with M&S and i took premier cover so hopefully it will get sorted - anyone know how quick? Do I have to wait for them to pay me or do they tell me I have to go to Comet or something?

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Sorry to hear of this misfortune, unfortunately with the long winter nights its a prime time of year for the little buggers. Wise idea for people to be extra vigilant for their own sakes as well as their neighbours. I make it a point if I hear an alarm I look out of the window, some call it nosey but I call it looking out for my neighbours, you just never know.

As for the claim, speed no doubt depends upon the size of the claim, guess you'd be looking at a couple of weeks to get everything in order. Generally they will provide "vouchers" to be spent in a retailer like Comet so you'd just turn up and buy like a normal customer. Simple enough process all in all. Fingers crossed your not left hanging until after xmas.

Suggest also looking out in your local classifieds & on ebay, if they've got the remotes then they're gonna be selling them on no doubt.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

6th Gear

Status
    Sad to hear that.

Gits... Lets hope the old bill get some good DNA from the smeared Windows where they looked in.

All you need this time of the year - hopefully your premium M & S cover will mean that they get you sorted ASAP ready for Christmas.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    The problem with alarms is that nobody investigates them anymore. There are 2 neighbours very close to me that constantly set off their own alarms(or the alarms are faulty). Every night at least one of them sounds for at least 10 minutes, and it has done for the last 2 years. The first few times I went to check all was ok, but it was the owners that set it off themselves. So, I don't bother going and looking anymore. I'll bet that on the day I get burgled nobody comes round to check because everybody thinks it's one of the false alarms again.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    OMG so sorry to read this bad news D3fy! hope it gets sorted soon. Insurance hopefully not take long cos you've got the premium cover. Good luck.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear about this mate!

TBH the alarms put some of them off, althought there are burglars who will break in anyway and scarper with as much as they canif the alarm activates.

There is a house in my Cul de sac that has had the alrm go off twice in the past year or so, I was shocked to look down the street and see that the light was flashing and it was making a herck of a noise, this was about 0230am and no one even went across the road to check and neither of the neighbours at each side of the house bothered to look. I quickly pulled on my trackies and went down there with my mobile phone and my torch to find it was an alarm fault and the owners were on holiday.

I'm so annoyed at their neighbours not even having the decency to have a look or call the police.

Some folk in this society really need to have a good look at themselves, I know I can't rely on them if my alarm goes off and I'm not at home!
    B7 A4 2.0T S Line special edition Quattro Avant.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.
    Alu mirrors, blue vision sidelights

Self Confessed Nightmare!

Status
    Thats horrible, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I'm house sitting for a mate, i infact house sit alot, but thats one of my fears, going back there to find out my luck they've been done over.

Unlikely but possible
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear your bad news ....these people should be shown no mercy .....hope they catch them
    Urq RR
    S2 Coupe...RS2 +
    S2 Avant (slipper wagon spec)
    A4 AVANT TDI

big up and respect to all mankind, one love

Status
    ouch! the b @stards!! I know how you feel mate, had it done to me 10 yrs ago, got sorted by insurance within a month which was good.......could not replace some of the music I had tho...........still sore on that one!! Hope it all works out 4u, best of luck
    funkidiva

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Really sorry to hear the D3fy, hope you get things sorted soon.

Good luck.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

5th Gear

Status
    Looks like i will have the money by this week for most of the stuff. IVAL? I get a card loaded with the value of the stuff nicked and then can use the card in Comet, Currys, Argos etc