Ho Ho Ho - tis the season to get burgled

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
Driving up to the house coming home from work, noticed the alarm on the front of the house was flashing its little LED wildly. Pull up at the top of the drive and can see the dinning room window wide open.

The kind peeps have had it away with my brand new 37" TV, the HD DVD under it and damaged, scratched, chipped the AV stand - all bought last month!

The thick twats then did not relise that the two front door keys where in one of the doors, so unlocked that door to be confronted with another locked door, so they took all the kit back out of the window all while the alarm was going off

Not a happy bunny, looks like they picked up on their way out my Camera and my wifes IPOD. They even took all the remotes! Even I can't fcking find them and they have nicked them, even the SKY one, and they left the SKY+ box. The gits also had great big muddy shoes on and have left foot prints all over the carpets

Bobby and SOCCO(?) have been out, a team going round in a white van they think, 4 youths, SOCCO lady even said you could see smearing on the front living room windows where they have come up for a nosey before going around the back to break in.

Be careful folks, always set your alarm if you have one. I think that if ours had not been on then certainly the other LCDs upstairs would have gone, laptop etc

:bye: :bye: :bye:

What an absolute nightmare mate!

Really sorry to read that, especially at this time of the year!

Hope the Police catch the little %$(*s and they get what they deserve! :busted_cop: :asskicking:

Hope you get everything sorted out without too much stress and expense so you can get over it in time for a good Christmas...

Best regards,

Rob.

We all know IF the Plod do catch them, they will get let off, or maybe a few weeks at a holiday camp (prison)!
Vote for me as president, I propose bringing back public floggings, and ginving the plod the paddle again!

B@stard time of year for it to happen with the run up to Xmas, unlucky bud, hope you was insured and everything gets back to normal in your household asap! My house was burgled about 15 years ago, and the thieves had enough time to clean the house out from top to bottom, and it was an aweful feeling having all your belongings ransacked.

Sorry to hear what's happened. I was burgled 3 years ago and they took my S3 in the process. Not a nice feeling. Hope you get things sorted soon and hope you can have some sort of Christmas.

Thanks all -make me feel better. We are insured with M&S and i took premier cover so hopefully it will get sorted - anyone know how quick? Do I have to wait for them to pay me or do they tell me I have to go to Comet or something?:readit:

Sorry to hear of this misfortune, unfortunately with the long winter nights its a prime time of year for the little buggers. Wise idea for people to be extra vigilant for their own sakes as well as their neighbours. I make it a point if I hear an alarm I look out of the window, some call it nosey but I call it looking out for my neighbours, you just never know.

As for the claim, speed no doubt depends upon the size of the claim, guess you'd be looking at a couple of weeks to get everything in order. Generally they will provide "vouchers" to be spent in a retailer like Comet so you'd just turn up and buy like a normal customer. Simple enough process all in all. Fingers crossed your not left hanging until after xmas.

Suggest also looking out in your local classifieds & on ebay, if they've got the remotes then they're gonna be selling them on no doubt.

Sad to hear that.

Gits... Lets hope the old bill get some good DNA from the smeared Windows where they looked in.

All you need this time of the year - hopefully your premium M & S cover will mean that they get you sorted ASAP ready for Christmas.

Paul

The problem with alarms is that nobody investigates them anymore. There are 2 neighbours very close to me that constantly set off their own alarms(or the alarms are faulty). Every night at least one of them sounds for at least 10 minutes, and it has done for the last 2 years. The first few times I went to check all was ok, but it was the owners that set it off themselves. So, I don't bother going and looking anymore. I'll bet that on the day I get burgled nobody comes round to check because everybody thinks it's one of the false alarms again.

OMG so sorry to read this bad news D3fy! hope it gets sorted soon. Insurance hopefully not take long cos you've got the premium cover. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about this mate!

TBH the alarms put some of them off, althought there are burglars who will break in anyway and scarper with as much as they canif the alarm activates.

There is a house in my Cul de sac that has had the alrm go off twice in the past year or so, I was shocked to look down the street and see that the light was flashing and it was making a herck of a noise, this was about 0230am and no one even went across the road to check and neither of the neighbours at each side of the house bothered to look. I quickly pulled on my trackies and went down there with my mobile phone and my torch to find it was an alarm fault and the owners were on holiday.

I'm so annoyed at their neighbours not even having the decency to have a look or call the police.

Some folk in this society really need to have a good look at themselves, I know I can't rely on them if my alarm goes off and I'm not at home!

Thats horrible, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I'm house sitting for a mate, i infact house sit alot, but thats one of my fears, going back there to find out my luck they've been done over.

Unlikely but possible

Sorry to hear your bad news ....these people should be shown no mercy .....hope they catch them

ouch! the b @stards!! I know how you feel mate, had it done to me 10 yrs ago, got sorted by insurance within a month which was good.......could not replace some of the music I had tho...........still sore on that one!! Hope it all works out 4u, best of luck

Really sorry to hear the D3fy, hope you get things sorted soon.

Good luck.

Looks like i will have the money by this week for most of the stuff. IVAL? I get a card loaded with the value of the stuff nicked and then can use the card in Comet, Currys, Argos etc