EM TuningVolks Autos
    Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status

New Petrol station rip-off..........sort of!!

Popped into my local Tesco's petrol station on the way home tonight and topped up with Ł30 worth of super unleaded, paid at the pump and drove off. Just around the corner noticed the warning symbol was still on the dash & the guage hadnt moved!! Swung round a roundabout to shake the car a bit in case the sensor in the tank was playing up but nothing, so went back. After they eventually found the duty manager hiding in some back store room for all I know he aparently suffered something similar recently but found out he had a faulty guage. Struck a deal that he'd give me Ł10 of free fuel & if it still wasnt showing tomorrow I could have another Ł30 of fuel.

Now the Ł10 of fuel which was from a different pump showed up ok on the guage so im relunctant to believe the sensor or guage is faulty, and that I was indeed stiffed for Ł30 of fuel!!

Will plug vagcom in when it stops raining to see if there's anything up on the car, but think i'll be paying another visit to Tesco's tomorrow! Moral of the story, check your guage before you've gotten very far down the road cos you'll be pissed if you find out 20 miles later you didnt actually get the fuel!! Hopefully its an honest mistake and not a new way for making us pay top dollar for using our cars!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Forgive me, but can't you tell when fuel is flowing through the nozzle into your tank?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    Forgive me, but can't you tell when fuel is flowing through the nozzle into your tank?
    /\ This /\
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    You can feel it but you dont no how much is actually going in...

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS11
    You can feel it but you dont no how much is actually going in...
    Cant say I noticed any flow though! Its normally a pain when you 1st put the nozzel in cos the auto-shut off keeps tripping until you get the angle right, but this didnt happen at all! The station was also full with all 16 pumps being used plus cars waiting so i'd defy anyone to hear fluid flowing with so much noise around you!!

Anyway, good news this morning is that the car showed 0 faults on vagcom last night & this morning is registering over half a tank now so it appears all is ok after all! Stupid petrol guage, im thinking as I havent used the car much lately and so not filled it up the sensor might not be reacting so quickly to having fuel added. On the plus side i've got Ł10 of free super unleaded so as it turns out IM the one doing the petrol scam ha ha ha ha!!!!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!