Badger5Sky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Insurance for Road trip to prague.

Hi Guys,

Me and 3 mates are rocking down to Prague for new years in my S3, its a long drive and I don't want to do it all myself so I'd like to get my mates insured on the car for 4-5 days. The thing is, its an S3 and my mates are 23, 24 and 28. Does anyone have and recommendations as to which insurance company would be best/cheapest for a few days insurance? Maybe adding them to my policy for a week would be cheaper?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    you'll probably find the minimum you can add somebody for is a month, and i think its possibly 2 drivers maximum.

Your premium change shouldnt be too high for this period of time tho, for example i was insured on a mates Evo VII for a month when i was 22 and it cost him an extra 60 quid for the month
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

4th Gear

Status
    I believe you can only add the drivers to your existing policy. Something to do with not being able to have two policies on the same vehicle. So if this is the case you only option will be to ring you existing insurer and ask them the questions. I have added my brothers to my policy on a couple of occasions. Cost me £15 for a week. Thats with CIS.
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    You'll need to add them to your existing policy. Give them a call & whatever the extra cost split it between your mates as its their "fault" you'll have to pay the extra premium!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Yeee-haw
    Jason's Pong Champion

Status
    How much it costs depends very much on your insurer - some of them want to add £15/person or so as an admin charge for doing this as well as the cost of the insurance, so it can start to add up

5th Gear

Status
    I've added someone as a named driver to my policy on a few occasions, was £20 for the week. 23, but was female, so that will make a difference, and also not a S3
    ----------
    VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport
    2005 - 55 reg.

A4 Avant 1.8T Sport - Sold March 09
    1997 - R reg.

Administrator

Status
    I've used Norwich Union Short Term Insurance a few times. Very reasonable on price and the last time I used it they didn't really give a monkies what the car is - simply ask whether it's worth more or less than 50,000.

I've had a quick look and it appears driving on the continent is covered. Might be worth double-checking for any unusual exclusions though..

http://www.norwichunion.com/short-te...ance/index.htm

European Ts&Cs -http://www.norwichunion.com/library/pdfs/Policy-Document-EU.pdf

Regards,

Rob.
    Last edited by FactionOne; 6th December 2007 at 19:53.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

5th Gear

Status
    Awesome, cheers for the advice :-)