Insurance for Road trip to prague.

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22276

Hi Guys,

Me and 3 mates are rocking down to Prague for new years in my S3, its a long drive and I don't want to do it all myself so I'd like to get my mates insured on the car for 4-5 days. The thing is, its an S3 and my mates are 23, 24 and 28. Does anyone have and recommendations as to which insurance company would be best/cheapest for a few days insurance? Maybe adding them to my policy for a week would be cheaper?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

you'll probably find the minimum you can add somebody for is a month, and i think its possibly 2 drivers maximum.

Your premium change shouldnt be too high for this period of time tho, for example i was insured on a mates Evo VII for a month when i was 22 and it cost him an extra 60 quid for the month

I believe you can only add the drivers to your existing policy. Something to do with not being able to have two policies on the same vehicle. So if this is the case you only option will be to ring you existing insurer and ask them the questions. I have added my brothers to my policy on a couple of occasions. Cost me £15 for a week. Thats with CIS.

You'll need to add them to your existing policy. Give them a call & whatever the extra cost split it between your mates as its their "fault" you'll have to pay the extra premium!!

How much it costs depends very much on your insurer - some of them want to add £15/person or so as an admin charge for doing this as well as the cost of the insurance, so it can start to add up

I've added someone as a named driver to my policy on a few occasions, was £20 for the week. 23, but was female, so that will make a difference, and also not a S3

I've used Norwich Union Short Term Insurance a few times. Very reasonable on price and the last time I used it they didn't really give a monkies what the car is - simply ask whether it's worth more or less than £50,000.

I've had a quick look and it appears driving on the continent is covered. Might be worth double-checking for any unusual exclusions though..

http://www.norwichunion.com/short-term-insurance/index.htm

European Ts&Cs -http://www.norwichunion.com/library/pdfs/Policy-Document-EU.pdf

Regards,

Rob.