little bump in my old mk2 golf

Carpy25

Reaction score
an old thread that i thought may interest you , accident happened june 2005

thank f**k they used to make them like they still do now

happened on thurday 21st 9.30 pm met a polo on my side of the road both going about 45mph (60mph road)she came around a left hand corner behind anoher car and drifted into my side of the road ,no time to brake or swerve
me and the wife been in hospital most of the week she has very bad brusing and 4 broken ribs me i had broken collar bone ,ribs,and a right foot like James caan from that flim "Misery" Had it pinned wih 3 pins on Monday now in plaster for 6 week before pins are removed then more plaster then lots of physo can't see me working until the new year gutting end of my show season and won't be able to drive my corrado for months
But this is the bit that's hard to take, she can,t remember what happened police calling it " a momentary lapse of concentration "and won't be pressing charges
so a momentary lapse of concentration equals driving on the wrong side of the road and nearly killing us is ok by them but drifting 5 or so miles over the speed limit on a clear day with no injured bang 3 points and a fine somethings wrong somewhere

Can't believe that so far down the line from the accident you're still needing surgery for the injuries! Hope it's all sorted for you soon!

It looks like it was a very nasty accident; but (and especially considering its age) the cabin on the Golf held-up pretty well.

Regards,

Rob.

jojo said:
I'm thinking it might be time to wrap my Mk2 Golf in cotton wool.

Don't do that JoJo, Mk2 Golfs were made for driving!

Carpy, Good to see you're nearly there with the recovery.
**** like this happens and fortunately you came away with the injuries you did. By the looks of the Mk2 it could have been so much worse.

People often dissed the Mk2 for being heavy but for you I think it was a very good thing that you had the strength of the Mk2 around you.

Good luck and hope you make a full recovery. Any scars are cool - wear it with pride.

marms said:
Don't do that JoJo, Mk2 Golfs were made for driving!

I was only kidding of course, I'm using mine as a daily driver, it's never failed to start once, and despite the lack of electrics, it's fun to own and drive. :racer: