which broad band?

205man

Reaction score
im thinking of swapping my broadband supplier, im with pipex unlimited at the moment and have been for over 3 years but although ive never had a problem with them im dissapointed with my 1.1mb connection and the fact that im paying £23.99 a month for it.

thay have said i can upgrade to the upto 8mb connection (my line will only go to 3mb though). but it will cost me £24.99 even though website says £19.99 but this is for new customers only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was thinking of going with bt is anyone using them any problems? such as logging you off if your not using it etc?

this is what im looking at

http://www.productsandservices.bt.c...id=TDG&tduid=d5f98002998146e9cbd631ce25a8acdc

with bt you don't need to buy norton as it comes as a module to download which is nice,been with them for six years and only one problem but was sorted quickish

Ive been with Orange for about 4 years now with no problems and took advantage of their offer of free broadband with my mobile phone contract. Though I'm not sure if they still do this.

Whilst I've had no problems, I have heard quite a few horror stories. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I find Cable(Virgin Media for me) broadband more stable, it's never let me down, but it does seem to suffer from crap bandwidth at certain times of the day. I'm using AOL at work and my Dad uses BT at his home, they are work great, but BT line connections seems to like to crash every now and again, which is annoying.

I'm on orange and it costs me zip as I get it with my mobile.

I also use Orange Broadband, get it as part of my mobile package, pay £5 a month for 8meg/unlimited downloads. The Livebox modem is pretty good for making free phone calls too, i find that the speeds are quite fast, I live in a street of old codgers so this probably helps also its wireless.

Only bad thing I would say is the upload speed isnt very good, think its roughly about 256k though usually a bit faster so I doubt you would be able to run a website from home.

I'm with Plusnet 8mb and optimized for gaming for £19.99, had no problems so far, but if I do it's only a 1 month contract. Also used Zen and had no probs with them also 1 month contract

I am with talk talk, mega cheap but had a nightmare getting it setup.

I was not that fussed as I was only here a couple of days a week but did get annoying calling India every other day.

All fixed now though and they gave me £50 compensation.

I'm with BT, after being with AOL for too many years. Very pleased with the service overall.