top gear tonight

205man

Reaction score
dont forget top gear tonight guys & girls, it has lewis hamilton on it in the liana, lets see how he does compared to the stig?

apparently he is not as good as the stig

but not by far

Might be speaking out of turn here but hey...sod it...gonna ask anyway.
Is it just me or is anyone else getting fed up with hamilton already?

Can't quite put my finger on it but there is something just not right about him. First off he seemed like great news for British Motorsport. But now he just seems jumped up!

cal1470 said:
Might be speaking out of turn here but hey...sod it...gonna ask anyway.
Is it just me or is anyone else getting fed up with hamilton already?

I support Hamilton because he represents Britain in F1, driving for a British team. Don't really care how big his head is, or how much he earns or the fact he moving out the country to evade paying Tax. Put yourself in his shoes, we would all do the same given the advice, why is it so big news to the media?

I heard he is putting the F1 car round the track?

It was in the paper special permission had to be granted from Ron Dennis and the local council due to the noise regs!

May not be true.....

tis true I read it in Autocar so must be :eyebrows:

I find formula 1 really boring now and i think hamilton's a ***** dunno why just do lol.

Everyones got their own opinion but I think Hamilton's awesome. He's modest and has no fear whatsoever. He was 200th of a second off the stigs time in wet conditions with oil on the track - could you imagine what he could have done if track was dry... plus he was just chilling going round the track... i think sometimes we all forget he's only a kid.

pav-g said:
Everyones got their own opinion but I think Hamilton's awesome. He's modest and has no fear whatsoever. He was 200th of a second off the stigs time in wet conditions with oil on the track - could you imagine what he could have done if track was dry... plus he was just chilling going round the track... i think sometimes we all forget he's only a kid.

Ditto.:respekt:

Sam-K said:
He's a manufactured racing driver. like a manufactured pop star.

weined by mclaren since he was a little kid. to me thats not impressive.

Manufactured?
The boy has more talent than everyone I know added together.

We all know Ron Dennis comes knocking offering mentoring for any Chav who thinks he's a helmsman of note, don't we?

The boy is very good...exceptional for his age.
The talent he has could see him rivalling Schumacher and Senna as true icons.
Sure...he was in the best car this year...but he also beat a World Champion on raw talent and balls - a World Champion who also happened to be in the 'best' car.

But that's manufactured is it?
And not impressive?

I'll bet if he signed for the Posh Fiat team you'd think he was the dog's danglies?

Jesus wept...

He didn't loose to a Ferrri...he lost to another uber talented driver.
The cars don't race themselves.

And lets not even think Ferrari deserved the Manufacturers title...they spat the dummy and threw the toys out of the pram to get things their way.
They don't exactly have a clean record when it comes to 'cheating', now do they?

Everyone knows that F1 is frightened of the Fiat team pulling out...so everyone else suffers.

On a side note...
Anyone read the Evo COTY article?

Ferrari doesn't win. (sorry if I've spoiled it!)
Ferrari not happy.
Ferrari threaten to stop Evo from ever testing their cars against rivals cars ever again...because they don't like not winning.
Pathetic!

Answer:
Build a better car and win fairly...
But no...that would never do, when they can scream loudly, wave their arms about and get upset as the world mollycoddles them.

Shows how much influence ferrari must have on the automotive world if motorsport and media are scared of them.

I'm not overly bothered about that.

end of the day.

I just like their cars.

I agree with Glen's(EssThree) comments and second them with regards to Lewis Hamilton, yes he was nurtured by McLaren which gave him the opportunity to get to F1 at such a young age, but talent can't be manufactured. Put it this way, he was given the opportunity to drive for a big team, and he's grabbed it by the horns and made the most of it by finishing 2nd in his F1 rookie year, level on points with team mate double world champion Fernando Alonso. Can't see how anyone can not be impressed by that!? manufactured my ar5e... :racer:

Have you seen this episode yet Joe, don't want to post anything incase it impeds your viewing joy.

:)

TDI-line said:
Have you seen this episode yet Joe, don't want to post anything incase it impeds your viewing joy.

:)

Yes thanks Dan, fire away lol.

I missed the ****** repeat of last weeks though, so I don't know what James May won incidently...

Liked the episode on the whole, thought the Clarkson/May report on the origins of the modern cars controls was one of the most interesting reports they've done for a while, as opposed to just being funny! It was of course funny with Clarkson thundering about in a model T Ford & the pair of them out of control in that french car they couldnt stop!!

Hammond in the F1 car was awesome too, although surprised he was allowed to by his life assurance company, he did really look scared by it!! Very cool the tech's getting the engine to play the national anthem, perhaps they should of done the Top Gear theme tune like May tried to do a few years ago from the engine noises!

mclaren didnt just plonk Hamilton straight into an f1 car he had to earn his place by proving himself, Maybe they did nurture his talent from an early age but whats wrong with that? It doesnt make him any less talented.
Manufactured pop stars only sound reasonable because of digital editing and other fakery, something you cant do in a race car

jojo said:
Yes thanks Dan, fire away lol.

I missed the ****** repeat of last weeks though, so I don't know what James May won incidently...

I can't remember either.

Thought last nights episode was pretty poor, with no new cars to review. :sorry: