PM sent

marms

Reaction score
Just a little question really.

What is the point of posing a reply in a thread that simply says 'PM sent' ?

I've noticed this quite a bit recently and can not see the purpose of such a post.
The recipient of the PM will get an email informing them that a PM is waiting or if they have specifically requested that no such email is sent, then they get the little popup next time they visit the site.

The message 'PM sent' just leaves me thinking....

What was the reply?
Why the secrecy?
Do I need to know that a PM has been sent?

The recipient will know long before they read the message in the thread that a PM has been sent to them. Surely if you have something to say to someone that is Private (as in Private Message) then just send it. No need to tell everyone you have sent in in an open forum.

Now maybe there is a very good reason for the post but I can't for the life of me think of one.

Shades said:
Reply sent in PM :)

How on earth did you manage to think up that original and witty response on your own?

Anyone else want to send me a PM as I'm finding this joke so funny ?

:rockwoot: far too much testosterone!! Calm now ladies!! Why worry?? If you dont wish to read any pm, then block em!! DAH!:hi:

:rockwoot: far too much testosterone!! Calm now ladies!! Why worry?? If you dont wish to read any pm, then block em!! DAH!:hi:

marms said:
How on earth did you manage to think up that original and witty response on your own?

This was a simple question and judging from the replies I suspect nobody has a 'sensible' answer.

Anyone else want to send me a PM as I'm finding this joke so funny ?

Well personally, Im disgusted that this isnt in the 'Rants & Rave' section.

funkidiva said:

Dont fret, Im not worrying about this.
This is an example of how things can be misinterpreted in forum posts.
My reply to Shades was a little tounge in cheek and I expect his was also.

We are all friends here after all, aren't we?

marms said:
Just a little question really.

What is the point of posing a reply in a thread that simply says 'PM sent' ?

I've noticed this quite a bit recently and can not see the purpose of such a post.
The recipient of the PM will get an email informing them that a PM is waiting or if they have specifically requested that no such email is sent, then they get the little popup next time they visit the site.

The message 'PM sent' just leaves me thinking....

What was the reply?
Why the secrecy?
Do I need to know that a PM has been sent?

The recipient will know long before they read the message in the thread that a PM has been sent to them. Surely if you have something to say to someone that is Private (as in Private Message) then just send it. No need to tell everyone you have sent in in an open forum.

Now maybe there is a very good reason for the post but I can't for the life of me think of one.

I'm running a google bar on my Explorer which prevents the popup that tells me I have a PM, and my notification by email is also switched off, so it's nice to be told I have a PM on certain occasions, unless I happen to spot it blinking away at the top of my screen.

Another excuse to up your post count! What's the point in that as well??

As if I'm a better person than you cos I've got twice as many posts?

:confused:

LottieA3 said:
Guilty conscience Karl??? :hubbahubba: :moa:

I'm guilty until proven innoccent, that's the law.............er, I think:keule: