Which car would you like to drive?

• Ferrari 360

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Porsche 911 Turbo

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ess_Three said:
When you are in the position to buy one...perhaps the ideology will fade slightly and reality will set in (running costs, maintenance, usability, reliability)...and you'll see sense. :moa:

This is true.. I'm 19. I'll come back when i have my ferrari and tell you how good it is. i wonder if porsches will still look the same then ? :happy:

Well done however on spending the time to rip apart my whole post!

You are too easy to wind up. :lmfao:

Sam-K said:
And i'd rather have the car built by the italians who know what they are doing.. well just look at their racing heritage.?

A challenging car makes it a better drive..? and the fact that it is challenging means it's engineered better? contradict yourself much?

SURELY. a better engineered car is the one that does what you want it to do when you want to do it.?

not the one that is **** over ears in the ditch.. mr porsche?

More thrilling, the perfection of way a ferrari executes its path.. or basically how it gives you that little grin when you are blasting through some beautiful country pass south of france or north of italy? oh and to that equally fantastic soundtrack?

i know which one i'd spend my money on anyday. and that's the one with the prancing horse thanks.

Give up now mate you won't win :laugh:

Sam-K said:
This is true.. I'm 19. I'll come back when i have my ferrari and tell you how good it is.

You do that...

Nobody is arguing they aren't good. But they are a tad unreliable, tempremental and not as good handling as they should be.

i wonder if porsches will still look the same then ? :happy:

Probably...
Function over form and all that.

Well done however on spending the time to rip apart my whole post!

Thanks...I have all the time in the world to reply to uninformed kids like you...
I'm at work, stuck in the middle of the North Sea, on nightshift....what's a 19 year old doing trying to argue (incorrectly as it happens) with someone on the internet instead of having a life?

Sad really...
I have no option...you do.

You are too easy to wind up. :lmfao:

Believe me...it takes more than a 19 year old fool to wind me up.

Now off you pop and dream about 'your' Ferrari.

You never know, when you grow up you might even drive both...and make your own informed mind up rather than believing what you read through rose-tinted spectacles.

Lets face it guys, anyone on here whose never driven a Porsche(Like myself) wants to drive a 911 Turbo, no doubt about it! And anyone whose never driven a Ferrari just wants to drive one whatever the model and whatever the colour, it's a Ferrari ***! Trackday experience is about driving the car of your dreams out on the track with no speed restrictions, and I thought the Ferrari would walk this poll, but looks like we all want to get behind the wheel of a 911 Turbo. :racer:

I do have a very high opinion of myself. and why not..? To get somewhere in life you need confidence. i have more than enough.

And this 19year old , is sitting here housebound due to lack of student loan.. and the internet is already paid for.. so again why not?

I look forward to driving them both.. i'll still be wearing those spectacles too.. a little bit like elton john, but minus the gay. etc etc.

This is boring.

what do you do in the sea.?

Sam-K said:
I do have a very high opinion of myself. and why not..? To get somewhere in life you need confidence. i have more than enough.

Indeed you do...
But to argue points that are at best outdated or inaccurate and at worst plain wrong, is foolish, regardless of how confidently you do it!

And this 19year old , is sitting here housebound due to lack of student loan.. and the internet is already paid for.. so again why not?

Deary me...
Things have moved on since I was 19...I would have been throwing up by now due to drinking too much cheap alcohol.
Then again, I don't think the internet was about when I was 19.

I look forward to driving them both.. i'll still be wearing those spectacles too.. a little bit like elton john, but minus the gay. etc etc.

You do that...
Just make sure you have pockets as deep as Elton Johns, as well as his spectacles on...or you may find it costs you a LOT of money.

This is boring.

Not for me...beats working.

what do you do in the sea.?

Operating an Oil/Gas Platform 150 miles off NE Scotland.

Sam-K said:
yeah *puts hand up* still want the ferrari..

But against the turbo shouldn't it be more like a stradale?

I think a 360 vs GT3 would be fairer.
Or Stradale vs GT3RS.

In either case...I'd take the NA 911!

The 911 turbo isn't really a track car...it's not what it does best.

I like how you quote everything i say and reply to it.. work must be really.. err. quiet?

and trust me , i would be out drinking until it came out again.. but i can barely afford it ! living is priority right now..

PLUS. Stafford. has the worst nightlife ever.

and 90% are guys who go out here. so there's not even a goal to the night.

what do you think of lamborghini gallardo's if i through that into the equation.. and replace the 360 with a 430 .. anything change in your point of view.?

Sam-K said:
I like how you quote everything i say and reply to it.. work must be really.. err. quiet?

Much easier to remember who the comments were meant for...especially on a busy thread with many conversations going on together.

Work isn't too bad...steady. Always is...

what do you think of lamborghini gallardo's if i through that into the equation.. and replace the 360 with a 430 .. anything change in your point of view.?

Ahh...good choice!
Against a 360, easy choice...the Lambo.
Against a 430...to drive? Maybe the 430. To own...the Lambo.
I think...

At least Lambos are screwed together properly nowadays...and with Audi input, you know it's going to work properly.

cliveh said:
If you could choose to drive one of the following supercars, on track with some expert tuition, which would it be?

Porsche 911 Turbo

Ferrari 360

I would still choose the Ferrari.

Go to your track and have a look for yourself which look and sound better to you,its your money.
I tried to book a drive in the Ferrari's with some mates after doing my single seater day at Donnington but its fully booked up for months,could get a drive in the porsche's next week.

And i'd rather have the car built by the italians who know what they are doing

really ???? the italians make some right turds imo have you been in a ferrari, I know a guy who went to swap his TVR for one but after seeing it it made the TVR look well made.

Ess Three you really can be a penis. Clive asked for opinions on what people thought he should drive and as usual you have to turn it into an arguement with your mass derision of other peoples opinions.

oh i know some very high profile ferrari owners, new and old..

Many of which own f40's .. one has an f50.. one even has a enzo.. may have sold that now though. and then a couple of normal ones.. 599,612,430,355's

though the most impressive recently i have been lucky enough to be a passenger of is the 599. what an awesome car.

Only guy i know who had a problem was a chap with a 550, which simply just broke down on the road.

shineydave said:
Ess Three you really can be a penis. Clive asked for opinions on what people thought he should drive and as usual you have to turn it into an arguement with your mass derision of other peoples opinions.

Boring!
You can f**k off as soon as you like Dave...
I've heard all the anti-Ess_Three comments before.

Opinions are opinions...and all are entitled to them...but facts are facts and boring, outdated comments (Porsches reversing off the road for no apparent reason etc...Ferraris being everyday usable etc) are just plain incorrect.
That's not an opinion...it's incorrect. Period.

I gave my opinion on which I'd drive...but silly me...I forgot that discussion forums allow the thread to move off at a tangent. Oh, how stupid of me.

Ferrari wins it hands down for me. Not into the Porsche.is it just me are porsche getting really lazy with their new cars ???, they have not reallly changed the desgin of them latley only bit's here and there. Ferrari has got that racing heritage that is truly amazing. What the hell is with this stupid fighting in this post ????. Where are the admin's to keep it on topic?????.

fighting?

mate. Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics even if you win you are still retarded.

It's just an opinionated discussion.

I've been following this thread for the last 24hrs and must say I have enjoyed the frank exchange of views from two members. I think they both know where each other is coming from and i certainly would'nt say they were having an argument. So long as no offence is taken from either party then no harm done IMHO.

And yes, one of them is a Mod:icon_thumright: .

As you were gentlemen.

Sam-K said:
PLUS. Stafford. has the worst nightlife ever.

i could be ***** with the whole cliched ferrari/porsche debate, but stafford..quiet, how can you not fail to be impressed with staffords number 1 nightspot zanzibar!!!, and if you get really bored you could mix it up with the middle aged rockers in new york new york

tsk, you students wouldnt no fun if it hit you in the face

Ahahaha... Oh dear you know the big Z. oh dear oh dear.

Also. If i ever drive past there late, there tends to be some sort of brawl going on.. and yes. new york for the more refined and matured raver!

Even our SU makes us flee to stoke, hanley or keele.!