Tuned S3

From the link:
"To stop the S3 from high speeds massive 15-inch brakes have been fitted to the car."

I guess the 'tiny' 17-inch brakes you get as standard aren't good enough for them :think:

marshalld said:
From the link:
"To stop the S3 from high speeds massive 15-inch brakes have been fitted to the car."

I guess the 'tiny' 17-inch brakes you get as standard aren't good enough for them :think:
17 inch is 431mm.Are you sure they are that big standard?

Thats what all the motoring press and reviews have said inc Audi driver but at that size (431mm) I have my doubts!

Think the fronts are 345mm from another review that I can remember...

JamS3 said:
Thats what all the motoring press and reviews have said inc Audi driver but at that size (431mm) I have my doubts!

Think the fronts are 345mm from another review that I can remember...
The official brochure definetly states 17" but looking at them on the car and the distance between them and the alloys certainly looks like more than an inch difference.

Remember if they were 17" there would only be a half inch difference at the edges between them and the wheels, i really cant see it

Star Performance use O.CT maps, along with GIAC, and they're very good. Nice and smooth and good power figures.

The S3 most definately does not have 432mm brakes. The RS4 only has 365mm discs. 15", or 380mm, is huge on that car.

iirc, the Bentley Continental GT has the biggest brakes in production, or did a while back anyway. They are 420mm/ 16.5" under 20" wheels stopping a car weighing in at 2.5tons with a W12!

Definetly a typo in the brochure!!