Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
If War was declared and every member was declared fit for duty, would you fight for your country?

No chance, not given what i'd be fighting for (i.e Iraq)

Okay...pretend our country or your country where your from is being invaded
Then would you join up?

I am fighting for my Country....... We are currently being invaded, with the consent of this treasonous Government, and without a shot being fired!!

But I remember back in 1982 the Falklands war, myself and most of my mates, (or at least the ones not already in the Army) hoped we might invade Argentina so we could all get 'called up'..........:)

Just Plain Old said:
I am fighting for my Country....... "We are currently being invaded", with the consent of this treasonous Government, and without a shot being fired!!

But I remember back in 1982 the Falklands war, myself and most of my mates, (or at least the ones not already in the Army) hoped we might invade Argentina so we could all get 'called up'..........:)

by too many immigrants......

Just Plain Old said:
I am fighting for my Country....... We are currently being invaded, with the consent of this treasonous Government, and without a shot being fired!!

Really dissapointed not to see BNP link in that statement:)

Yes however it would depend on the circumstance and dep on how high up I could join - I would need to be in command of some sort - not got the disposition for being told what to do If I don’t agree

I'd fight for my country the needs arose & IMO if you wouldnt then how can you call yourself truely patriotic? People seem to be just thinking aboutn the current Iraq & Afgan situation, they're not wars their witch hunts! If a situation like the WW2 came up & we were called to duty I think more of you would be there rather than just standing at the back waving a banner saying war is wrong! Of course its wrong, people should always get along, but humans never have & never will because its not in our nature, unless your from Switzerland! Im a proud English man but i'd defend Britain as a whole if I had to and could. Certainly if I got my way i'd get us out of the EU & boot out every immigrant who is or tries to claim benefits. Oh, and i'd probably boot out a good few Brits who sit on their butts doing nothing but eating pies & claiming £000's of benefits too!!

I think if we were invaded EVERY1 wold join and fight...even the soo called "immigrants"...think the thread confused ppl...would they fight in the current wars....fat chance, their not fighting a real cause!

im not trying to open a discussion so no...wmd and regime responses!

I agree, if we were invaded and anybody who lives(regardless of race/nationality) here seen their homes and family under threat then i'm sure they'd be willing.

Personally i'd send all the scumbag junkies who sit on the dole in first as cannon fodder.

I'd always have to consider the motives given that we seem to end up in conflict for, at best, questionable reasons; but if I consider the poll with all the political side of it 'out-of-mind' and just look at whether I'd be prepared to protect my family, friends and countrymen (and women) in the event of an invasion, I would.

Rob.

Defending our freedom and survival is a must, human nature takes over really, we would all take action if it came to self defence and protecting family/friends.