Serious question ref Blu-Ray player

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Im weighing up a couple of options at the moment so may have a spare brand new boxed legit & warranteed Sony BDPS-300 Blu-Ray player to sell but not sure if there's much of a market yet for them? Out of curiosity would anyone on here want one and how much would you pay, bearing in mind they retail for £300+!

Basically im getting a 40" Sony tv through a friend who's works for Sony, was going to get the KDL-40W2000, but they've just brought out the new KDL-40W3000 which is slightly better aparently! I can get a package deal for the 40W3000 plus the Blu-Ray player for £460 more than the 40W2000 meaning after selling the Blu-Ray player its not a lot more for a higher spec.

Tough choice but its pointless getting the new model if there's no market for the Blu-Ray player basically, I just dont want it at the moment as going for a dvd recorder and would have no space left!!

Yes, there's a market for bluray, but only if you've got a HD panel.

If the BDPS-300 has decent upscaling for normal DVD's, then I'd keep it.

The w3000 series is nice, it has 24fps mode for a true cinema picture, the bravia EX engine (same as on the x-series), full hdmi 1.3 and motionflow for 100MHz - should be a really nice panel. The only downside i can possibly see is that the w3000 series doesnt look like it has a swivel base. As my downstairs is open plan, it's great to turn it 40 degrees to see in the dining room.

As for your question.. the ps3 has come down to £300 now, and it seems to consitantly get praised for its bluray playback and DVD upscaling. Not too sure how much you'd realistically get for the BDPS-300.

Yeah the W3000 does look good, but as im not planning on having an HD source just yet I cant justify the extr a, going to go for the W2000 earlier model which is still an awesome telly and won many awards last year when it came out. The major differences like the 24p etc just wont be noticeable to me I think. Will post pics when i've got the kit & set it all up, cant wait!! :yahoo: