chips away - any good?

205man

Reaction score
thanks to the kind person who thought they would use my car as a trolley stop at the weekend and put a 12 inch scratch along the rear bumper, i need to get it sorted.

was thinking of using chips away and they could also do a couple of other small marks whilst they were at it.

but!!! are they any good? has anyone used they them and what were the results, etc

the head office is not far from me in kidderminster so apparently i could take it there or they will come to me, but i dont want it to look bodged.

if its a bumper personally i'd just get it resprayed - will cost you about £100 cash in hand, not alot more(possibly less?) than these companies will charge to blend a section in.

Chips Away , Sprint finish etc.. it all depends on the Franchisee. Some are excellent and some are totally useless!!
Normally they charge £60-£70 so if you can get the whole bumper done for a little more in a proper bodyshop, then I'd do that.

I would pay the extra and get the whole bimper sprayed, chipsaway work tends to fade with time, so think long term and pay the extra £££, but if you plan to sell next week and need a quick touchup, they are fine.

jojo said:
I would pay the extra and get the whole bimper sprayed
bostromcrabtree300.jpg

ok guys thanks for that , i should have also said that the mark also goes on the rear arch, and was thinking of using them as i do have some stonechips that id like something done with.