Post delays

gkf9

Reaction score
Does anyone no if there is still a back log on the post?

Been waiting for about 2 weeks now for some stuff off flea bay
The bloke said he has posted it a while back...:think:

The post office really is run by morons.
They wont care about all them stored ones either,their main priority will be the new stuff coming in.

I posted a quite large size parcel 1st class last week monday, and it arrived on Wednesday.
And an item that was sent to me from Hong Kong which I won ebay took 2 weeks, which arrived last week.

I ordered a set of TaylorMade golf clubs from the US on a Tuesday and had them by Thursday mid morning, the power of privatisation! Well done UPS.
I also ordered a camera and DHL delivered that from the US in 2 days to my doorstep. You'd be lucky for a letter to be delivered that quick. Bring on the de-regulation I say. If they don't want to work then they can all **** off down the social, the ingrates.

Ok thanks guys and gals..i will leave it a bit longer for the lazy barstewards
to get organized!!

If your going to wait till they get organised you are in for a long wait.
Hope your parcel arrives soon.

james0808 said:
If your going to wait till they get organised you are in for a long wait.
Hope your parcel arrives soon.

Out of my hands have just emailed the person i got the item from on
ebay to chase them up!!!!

I am waiting for a driveshaft that was posted on the 9th Oct and still has not arrived

I had a parcel sent out to me arrive yesterday, the post mark on the stamp was dated 15th Oct

Normal first class mail

Simon

I had a special delivery GUARANTEED next day before 1pm arrive at 3.10pm yesterday.Checked the tracking on the royalmail website and at 12.50 the item changed to signed for and delivered,but it was nowhere to be seen.
Someone is fiddeling their performance target figures.
Pay extra get less,useless is all i can say.

While I don't think the the Post Office is by any means perfect ,I do think they take some stick for things that are not necessarily their problem.

People blame the PO for losing letters. I have had this three times in the last year. All three 'lost' letters were from the same person who ensures me the cheques was posted. Coincidence? I think not.

I have also had several late payments recently all blamed on the PO strikes. It just seems very odd that the majority arive with little delay but some are very delayed.

I suspect that many people quickly blame the PO for their own lack of commitment to putting the items in the post.

Don't get me wrong, as I say, the PO are not great at time and we recently had big problems with a dishonest postman in my area but on the whole I think that an item I put in the post by 5:15pm today can be with the recipient by tomorrow morning, all for the cost of a 1st class stamp. I still think that is a bargain.

Must admit though, if I'd payed for special delivery before 1PM and it didn't turn up until 3:50pm I'd be a bit peed.

Well im still waiting for 2 items from ebay,,,posted back Oct 13th and 18th
and a dvd from tesco back about the 22th

Ebay people have sent them recorded so they say...the sarga still goes on

Im moving house in a week as well hope i get them before then??

gkf9 said:
Ebay people have sent them recorded so they say...the sarga still goes on

Do these sellers not supply you with the reference number to track your item?

When I sell something on the bay and list them as recorded delivery, I always email them a message on the day of posting with the reference number so they can check it up for themselves on the PO site.

jojo said:
Do these sellers not supply you with the reference number to track your item?

When I sell something on the bay and list them as recorded delivery, I always email them a message on the day of posting with the reference number so they can check it up for themselves on the PO site.[/QUOTE

One did give me the ref no...ive just checked and i got this message-

Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

Might ask for a refund..This is the first time ive had probs with ebay.