Independant VW Servicing, Chandlers Ford

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Simple post really, anyone used them or know if they're any good?

I would be interested to know aswell as they are right round the corner from where i work and mine is due a service

dsmclark30v said:
I would be interested to know aswell as they are right round the corner from where i work and mine is due a service

I'll let you know, im booked in on Monday for the 3rd variable interval service on my A4 3.0 QS, quoting just over £200 which was £70 less than Abtech! Only booked on Tues & they can provide a courtesy car too, much better than the 2 weeks at least you've gotta wait for one from a main dealer!! I'll update when i pick the car up Monday night.

Right well, the cars been serviced & although the cost jumped big time i was overall happy with them. Dropped the car off monday morning and given a Mk5 Golf 1.9TDi SE courtesy car to head off in, not too bad a drive but comapred to my 3.0 QS it wallowed about & had no go apart from 1500-2000rpm in 2nd & 3rd!! Anyway, went to pick up at 4.30 & they hadnt finished the car, obviously started it late! Sat about waiting in the comfy reception & then was told they'd found a few things wrong that needed sorting. 2 of the RARB mounting grommets had split completely allowing it to move, not good! Also the rear offside brake calliper had partially seized also causing excessive pad wear. Was allowed into the workshop to see & discuss with the actual mechanic working on the car which was nice! Being that im short on time at the moment i decided to let them sort this out for me. Took the Golf away that night & went back yesterday evening to pick the car up all sorted this time! £750, yes £750 later I was off!! The original quote for the 3rd variable interval service was just over £200 but the extra work I had done soon added up, in retrospect i should of bought things like oil & filters myself for them to use & done the RARB & brakes myself but whats done is done! For the money I had:-

Full 3rd interval service (inc Castrol 501 00 oil, oil/air/pollen filters)
New rear brake pads both sides
Seized caliper unseized
2 x wipers
Aircon regas
New RARB & mountings.

All parts were Audi original components too. £200'ish for a service is pretty good all in all so I would use them again, but would provide the parts & not having things I can do myself done. Certainly couldnt fault their customer service & how they showed you what the issues they'd found were.