four wheel drive 3 series beemer!!!!

My dad nearly one of these back in 1989 - they definitely marketed the four wheel drive cars and I'd be surprised if they only sold one in the uk. Anyway, my dad saw sense and bought an Audi 90 instead!

Edit: Just re-read the ad and saw he says it's an automatic - in which case it will be rare.

i've had so many arguments with mates over these cars in the past as to whether they exist or not. i seem to think they were mainly aimed at the US market but there were a few sold here, reviews seem to slate it saying it was slow with lacklustre handling

A mate of mine had a 325ix in Germany and brought it back here. AFAIK, they were never officially sold in the UK but were offered in Germany and the US.

It's a bit like VW with the MK4 Golf. In Germany there were far more engine options with 4motion (e.g. V5 and TDI) but here only the V6 and R32 had 4motion

my aunt who lives out in california got a new one. the 325ix i think. the lease was up on there audi all road and they got one of those instead. she says she prefered the audi well it did have the 2.7 bi turbo and when i spoke to my uncle he didn't seemed to convinced about it

They've sold various 3 and 5 series with 4wd for ages in Europe and the States. But I've never seen a right hand drive one before.

Plenty of E34 525ix Tourings (and a few saloons) about, infact I nearly bought one, but it would seem ones witn leather (a must in a Beemer IMO) are like rocking horse poo, so just got a RWD 530i instead!

As for 325ix's, I must admit I didn't know they existed.