Fuel prices!!!

gkf9

Reaction score
What do you people think of the increase in fuel taxes??

How much more can we take..im getting really pi**ed off!!

Ridiculous absolute rip off, we have the cheapest pre tax fuel in the western world and the dearest post tax in the world.

Take its gone up again then??? How much by this time?:mad:

I think its going up today by 2p a litre?

It gets on my tits that if oil prices come down,we carry on paying the same price!!!

Prices go up and we all still pay it, whats new?!
It would take every motorist in the UK to boycott all petrol forecourts to get the message accross that we won't take any more, but we all know that aint gonna happen...

one of my mate just got back from Egypt where its 5p a litre of petrol

voorhees said:
one of my mate just got back from Egypt where its 5p a litre of petrol

Rip-off!

You could fill your tank for 79p-odd in Venezuela...

Of course its a rip-off, im pretty sure that 99% of MP's think its a rip-off too as they've got to fill their families cars with the same fuel we do remember! Trouble is that the majority of our economy is a massive money pit, it dosent help being one of the most developed nations in the world!

The problem stems from the cost of running this country, if only we could rewind 20-25 years & tell the government of that time to keep closer control of public spending, build more prisons, hospitals, schools & transport networks, and toughen immigration policy! We'd certainly be in a much better position than we are now! We're a demanding nation and for to long now the government, both Labour & Tory, have spent too long trying to solving problems by just spend more money! This is like using Pine fresh air freshener when we should be using Oust, you've got to get rid of whats causing the problem, not just mask the stink!!

In my opinion we're fast approaching the point of no return, if we carry on like this the country will suffer a massive recession because people will not be able to afford to live, as is shown by the increasing emigration of people! I know its controversial but in my opinion we need to turn the spot light on ourselves and stop trying to solve the worlds problems! I say we close our borders completely for a minimum of 2 years & spend every penny we collect in taxes on this nation alone, take steps to solve our problems, not sit about talking about them but actually solve them. If after 2 years we're still not sorted, we keep going until we are in a better position. Why should we be trying to help every other nation on earth in crisis when our own country is falling apart about us?

Here endeth the lesson!

LottieA3 said:
Just another way for the stupid government to rip us all off and take our money when they take enough money each month out of our wages and then blow it on stupid things that cost millions of pounds that to be quite frank we really dont need like the millenium dome or they just keep giving houses away to people admittedly some people need to be given houses but they give them away so willy nilly then our money out of our wages go to there homes and to the millenium dome and all the other stupid things they think will save the country then they decide "I know lets take more money off them and make cars unaffordable to run" so they do it by rediculously uping the cost to fill our cars so that we then cant always afford to fill our cars up or run them all the time then some people may have to seel them or some people leave them on there drive getting ruined which makes the garden look like a tip because they have this rusty metal piece of worthless junk on there lawn that really is the governments fault because of the fuel prices!!! Stupid pratts!!!

That was one Hell of a long sentence!

Just had another thought, as if my post above isnt enough for one thread!! For those that have played Sim City this'll be well understood. If you put up taxes in the game then there's often an impact on the population level as a result, if you do it too much then you get a big drop and thus lower tax income over all. Now i'd love to see figures on the number of tax paying immigrants this country is gaining each year compared to tax paying emigrants that are going! Also, making motoring more expensive will make more people think twice about using their cars for silly journeys, or in some cases they'll stop using the car to go to work on in favour of public transport, lift sharing or just sell the car. Again the overall impact will be dropping income from the tax on petrol as less is actually being sold to consumers. Many hauliers for example prefer to take a ferry & fill their lorries on the continent than in the UK as its actually cheaper! As an overall long term revenue increasing tax I dont think its going to work!

As of last week I now use the train to come to work so the car will sit at home not doing 1,200 miles a month and so not giving the government the extra £3.56 approx tax a month, in fact im now not giving them approx £125 tax in fuel duty each month which when my train fare is £127 for a month im quite happy about!!

Here endeth lesson 2!!